Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
2024 Tropical Tracking Thread

WxWatcher007

11 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

So my parents place is in Palmetto. Just over the bridge from Bradenton. Bradenton had a recorded gust of 100mph. Looking at current radar their place looks to be in some of the worst winds. Their place is a manufactured home. I have a not good feeling about it. :(

Hope everything works out for them. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

This tornado outbreak in southern Florida is insane right now. 10 active conformed tornadoes on the ground as I am typing this. 

over 100 tornado warnings in the span of a few hours. crazy. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hope everything works out for them. 

So update. My parents hear from the manager of their neighborhood this morning. Their home is fine. Only lost two trees out front. Could have been way worse. The whole area is without power and so not have a timeframe for when it will be back. 

• Like 13

My peak season forecast is running out of time (Aug 20–Oct 20) and in the coming 10 days I think I have 2-3 more chances (two long shots) to get names on the board.

1. Western Caribbean, where the models led by the GFS have a signal for another system to potentially come out of a CAG or other vorticity seedling. This is the best chance for something else to pop imo before the lid goes back on the basin—probably until November. 

2. Eastern Atlantic, where the NHC has a lemon but I don’t think TCG odds are good at all.

3. Eastern seaboard, where there’s a modest signal for some type of non-tropical low associated with a trough that could become subtropical. This has not worked at all this season, so I doubt it happens here. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My peak season forecast is running out of time (Aug 20–Oct 20) and in the coming 10 days I think I have 2-3 more chances (two long shots) to get names on the board.

1. Western Caribbean, where the models led by the GFS have a signal for another system to potentially come out of a CAG or other vorticity seedling. This is the best chance for something else to pop imo before the lid goes back on the basin—probably until November. 

2. Eastern Atlantic, where the NHC has a lemon but I don’t think TCG odds are good at all.

3. Eastern seaboard, where there’s a modest signal for some type of non-tropical low associated with a trough that could become subtropical. This has not worked at all this season, so I doubt it happens here. 

You should have chased the ENFORSEEN tornado outbreak in Florida. A ton of sarcasm here.

• Haha 1