Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2024 Tropical Tracking Thread

WxWatcher007

58 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. I was wrong again. For gods sake dont take my views as an educated person saying them. It is beasting now. Closed off and bombs away from here. Contracting eye and a beast has been born. Prayers for the Big Bend  of Florida. Horrific for them

GeoColor - True Color daytime, multispectral IR at night

It's most likely CAT 4 now. Catastrophic.

• 100% 1

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It amazes me that the current weather models can see that rapid intensification. From a hurricane that was eating a ton of dry air to a beast. They predicted it. Basically human forecasting will be gone in the next 10 years. 

No JB?. :weep:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

As is usually the case, I have support from folks that can let y’all know I’m ok in the likely event I lose signal.

For this trip I’ve been conferring with @MillvilleWx & @ORH_wxman. Will update as I can of course. 

Pressure down to 994.6mb here. 

Please brother watch your ass. She is nasty.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

As is usually the case, I have support from folks that can let y’all know I’m ok in the likely event I lose signal.

For this trip I’ve been conferring with @MillvilleWx & @ORH_wxman. Will update as I can of course. 

Pressure down to 994.6mb here. 

Please be safe! 

• Like 1

The comparisons to Hugo are pretty apt I think. Strengthening on the way in, booking along, and liable to hit a major metro area far inland hard. 

EDIT: One thing I just thought of, Hugo didn't seem to have a big affect on the southern Appalachians? I mean, like Helene is gonna blast them with. 

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

What the actual fuck are you taking about?

My friend, as usual, your power of comprehension is limited, likely because of alcohol.

Is it Wild Turkey Rare Breed at 113?  Be careful with that stuff!  It is only for sipping, not guzzling.

Or Everclear at 190, cut 50%.  Again, only sipping.

Have a better day in about 12 hrs..  AND, yes, we're still friends.

5 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Woke up to @WxWatcher007message that he is okay down in Perry. He said the eyewall was WILD. I’ll let anyone know more when he messages me. 

Thanks. Yep I’m doing ok. Doing the damage survey now. It’s significant to extensive in spots, but could’ve been a lot worse. Will be attempting to travel back home today. 

90WFYSY.jpeg

0B3guQb.jpeg

SbbFxDy.jpeg

• Like 7