Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 Tropical Tracking Thread

WxWatcher007

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I’m currently in the pink area in SC. Don’t really care for 20” of rain, but would be cool to experience. :loon:

I really hope we get a decent drought buster back home…if for nothing else than to stop the whining. :lol:

Wife and I did the Burke lake loop on saturday, needless to say it's looking a bit low

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I’m currently in the pink area in SC. Don’t really care for 20” of rain, but would be cool to experience. :loon:

I really hope we get a decent drought buster back home…if for nothing else than to stop the whining. :lol:

Be safe down there. 

May need to start posting here more so I don’t throw my phone out the window. :lol: 

• Haha 1

GFS pushes the front through tomorrow and Wednesday. Also gives us decent rain/storms with the front. This makes Debby wander back west instead of more due north like other guidance. The other guidance doesn’t push the front through anymore, and Debby’s able to track north. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

It seems that over the past couple of runs, the operational GEM, ICON, and GFS all have this precip void over DC Metro. 

Depending on the track, I could envision how the metro area is a relative minimum with upslope enhancement in the mountains and more precipitation with the storm center to the southeast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Be safe down there. 

May need to start posting here more so I don’t throw my phone out the window. :lol: 

Just got back from a run out on the bluff on the northern end of the island. Conditions are so much different on the sound than they are just 1/2 mile inland. Quite blustery out there but pretty blasé at the house. I'm sure that'll change as the center gets a little closer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Once it gets back into a more robust steering pattern, it starts scooting NE pretty quickly. Significant rain in a somewhat compressed time frame. 

Indeed. Maybe a signal for "too much too fast" event?

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Indeed. Maybe a signal for "too much too fast" event?

I think that may depend on how much Debby holds together the next few days and reintensifies. Euro develops a really water laden system over the Atlantic before the SC landfall. 

GFWVdp4.png

The better organized it is I think the more efficiently it’ll be able to wring moisture out of the atmosphere as it interacts with the trough and moves northward. 

• Like 4

The euro signaling about 24hrs of pre storm rains from thursday morning to Friday morning. Will be interesting to see how this part of the event plays out.  Should be efficient rainers with PWATs already well over 2".

image.thumb.png.f648818ebb9d8ea8c470b01e42b3c045.png

• Like 5