• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
Central Pa. Spring 2024

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wait the Bears needed OT? They were up 4-2 when I turned it off, with like 80 seconds to go. How the F did they allow 2 goals in the last 80 seconds???

If the Flyers were the team down by 2, they would have lost by 5 instead of tying it. Torts would have yanked his goalie with 10 minutes left. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lots of 30's in the elevations of South Central and SW PA.  Ranges down to 40 degrees below zero!  LOL

image.png.222c014f064734d551c7413b0b89fe5a.png

I was down that way this morning. I can confirm it was negative 40. 

I should mow this afternoon. Grass doesn't really need it, but I don't want it becoming unruly if it rains on Sunday or Monday.

• Haha 1

Today is the last day of May and this month will be the 6th straight month to end with above normal temperatures. Our last below normal month was last November when we were 1.2 degrees below normal.
Our great weather looks to continue through tomorrow before some rain chances by Sunday PM.
Chester County records for today: High 96 degrees at West Chester (1987) / Record low was just last year at Warwick Township at 36.3 degrees / Rain 5.34" in West Chester (1908)
image.png.8618464c97e1c327aa20d00353b6b1d8.png
  • Thanks 1

Northern Lights Tonight?

I haven't posted anything but continued to check space weather every day. The Sun has remained active. There was an X (high) level solar release and things are due to reach Earth today and tomorrow. 

G2 MODERATE STORM LEVELS POSSIBLE ON 31 MAY - 01 JUN

published: Wednesday, May 29, 2024 22:26 UTC

"A CME associated with the X1.4 flare, produced by Region 3697 earlier in the period, is likely to enhance the Earth's magnetic field late on 31 May into early on 01 Jun (UTC). Continue to monitor our web page for updated watches, warnings, alerts, and forecasts." 

Right now the aurora forecast is way up north but that will change since their graphic says it might end up visible in Idaho and New York. Williamsport is supposed to have clear skies tonight so I could theoretically see the Northern Lights tonight, if there are any to see. The various readings are much lower than last time so I am not expecting magic but I will take what I can get.

image.thumb.png.0e323967c35204cb7ff7339af9c3a9f7.png

Here is the link to the website if anyone wants to check.

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

image.png.fbad60c0615554d32707072a42596c67.png