• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
Central Pa. Spring 2024

Some interesting stats from the drought folks this AM.  The precip figures are not so rosy for much of the southern part of the area for May.  3rd warmest Mid-Winter to Mid Spring in history of record keeping.    Spring is exiting stage right in 2 days. 

According to NOAA’s National Center for Environmental Information (NCEI), the January 2024-April 2024 period was the 6th wettest (+3.8-inch anomaly) on record for the Northeast Climate Region. In terms of average temperature rankings for the contemporaneous period, the region experienced its 3rd warmest (+6.1 degrees F anomaly) on record.

• Thanks 1

Overnight lows across the county were mainly in the low 50's with East Nantmeal the chilly spot at 49.8 degrees. There was a large range in rain totals from last evening. Here in East Nantmeal we picked up 0.37" of rain . Some other totals across the county included Marshallton 0.67" / Warwick 0.61"/ Chester Springs 0.13" / Atgen 0.21" / Glenmoore 0.23" / Longwood Gardens 0.14" and West Chester 0.46".
A great stretch of weather ahead through at least the next 5 days with our next rain chances not till Tuesday. Temps will be running below normal the next couple days before warming to near normal by Saturday.
Chester County records for today: High 98 degrees at Phoenixville (1942) / Low 34 degrees also at Phoenixville (1949) / Rain 2.96" at Glenmoore (1990)
image.png.6f0b909ec04901274e2ad2815ae2e3f1.png
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 53 and .06" of rain.  Not gonna cut it with nothin' but blue skies ahead.  The cool nights and heavy dew should help though.  Beautiful weather on tap, just exquisite.  All windows open. 

I'm going to end the month about 1.5" BN for rainfall. Today will be the 10th day since my last mow and I probably won't mow through the weekend. Very rare for the end of May/beginning of June. 

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm going to end the month about 1.5" BN for rainfall. Today will be the 10th day since my last mow and I probably won't mow through the weekend. Very rare for the end of May/beginning of June. 

Shower chances ramping up a bit for Sunday Am so fingers crossed it will not be as long as first thought for the next rain. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm going to end May with 2.76" but only about .1" over the final two weeks.  I haven't mowed for 8 days but definitely need to do so.  Hopefully have time either today or tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Very surprised to see this headline this morning at wunderground.com.

There are two ways to look at this. One is "severe weather-fatigue" for getting day after day of thunderstorms and maybe tornado warnings and tornados too. The other is "severe-weather-fatigue" after a week or two of PA grey cloudy skies or too many hot and humid days. I can definitely see myself coming on here complaining about "severe-weather-fatigue" if we get the very hot summer we are supposed to have. I might even have to go to "extreme-weather-fatigue" or even "catastrophic-weather-fatigue". Very useful phrase that really captures feelings about one day after the other of weather we are already sick of.

chrome_screenshot_May 30, 2024 9_48_14 AM EDT.png

Also for anyone around Hershey, Troegs today is doing a fundraiser with the Humane Society of Harrisburg and all proceeds go toward the shelter. They will have dogs for adoption there, too. 

Dinner and drinks for a good cause on a beautiful day! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Also for anyone around Hershey, Troegs today is doing a fundraiser with the Humane Society of Harrisburg and all proceeds go toward the shelter. They will have dogs for adoption there, too. 

Dinner and drinks for a good cause on a beautiful day! 

Double thumbs up for this one...Triple!  And a triple IPA!   @paweather just a 15 min drive! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

The Lancaster Country Club brought the best women’s golfer in the world to her news. She shot a 10!!! on 12 (her 3rd hole of the day) 

Great weather for the US Open. Pretty windy, though. 

She's 11 strokes back a little over halfway through her first round. A 10 on a par 3 will do that. 

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

The Lancaster Country Club brought the best women’s golfer in the world to her news. She shot a 10!!! on 12 (her 3rd hole of the day) 

One of our daughters is volunteering in the hospitality area. I'm getting the low down on who's friendly and who is sort of not so much. :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If this was the NBA, she would be back within 2 strokes in 5-10 min. 

Man isn't that the truth - I like to tell people that one of the best things about baseball compared to the other big sports is there's no clock...well, there is one now...but the clock doesn't affect a team's ability to score 15 runs in the 9th down by 14. If a team is down by 20 with a minute left in the NBA, the game is over. Probably. Maybe. LOL

• Haha 1

I'm going to end May with 2.76" but only about .1" over the final two weeks.  I haven't mowed for 8 days but definitely need to do so.  Hopefully have time either today or tomorrow. 

Here in Willow Street we are about 3.36” for month so pretty close to average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

The Lancaster Country Club brought the best women’s golfer in the world to her knees. She shot a 10!!! on 12 (her 3rd hole of the day) 

Just saw this.  On a par three no less.  She might have shot herself out of the tournament already.  Damn.