Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Spring/Summer '24 Banter and Complaint Thread

IWXwx

On 8/19/2024 at 9:23 AM, michsnowfreak said:

As we wind down met summer with windows open and fresh air most of this week, I am really shocked how comfortable summer was. This is now two summers in a row with hardly any real heat, outside of the mid June heatwave this year (and that, too, underperformed). Impressive considering the strong signal for a broiling summer this year.

Yeah no real complaints here from a temperature perspective, it's been great! The excessive rain got to be very annoying, but even then that stopped about a month ago. The last month has been one of the better month-long summer stretches in a while it feels like. And the fact is we could go another 2-3 weeks of this at least considering this is pretty much the average kind of weather for September. 

• Like 1

With the leaf drop soon to happen, and the excellent drying conditions, I sealed the driveway for the year, yesterday. It was starting to flake off in chunks and needed to be sealed before the rains start and so not stop again. I do not care what they advertise, 3 years or 5 years, they only last one year before planned obsolescence occurs.

21 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

With the leaf drop soon to happen, and the excellent drying conditions, I sealed the driveway for the year, yesterday. It was starting to flake off in chunks and needed to be sealed before the rains start and so not stop again. I do not care what they advertise, 3 years or 5 years, they only last one year before planned obsolescence occurs.

I skipped one year and I agree!!!  Doing it yearly works best.  I normally have it done already but I was away over 7 weeks this summer.   I need to get that planned!! 

3 hours ago, bowtie` said:

3 hours ago, Lightning said:

I skipped one year and I agree!!!  Doing it yearly works best.  I normally have it done already but I was away over 7 weeks this summer.   I need to get that planned!! 

Coincidentally, I just did my annual seal last week. I used to only do it every three years or so, but I just do it every year now and don't have to use a much sealer on each coat.

• Like 1

I took some pictures yesterday and I found a vine that had a pale flower that looks like oats or hops. Does anybody know what it is?

thankfully, the snake I saw was a lot less dangerous than the time I almost stepped on a rattlesnake in the Rocky Mountains.

butterfly 6.jpg

unusual flowers 1.jpg

butterfly 3.jpg

snake 1.jpg

unusual flowers 3.jpg

• Like 1