Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Spring/Summer '24 Banter and Complaint Thread

IWXwx

On 8/19/2024 at 9:23 AM, michsnowfreak said:

As we wind down met summer with windows open and fresh air most of this week, I am really shocked how comfortable summer was. This is now two summers in a row with hardly any real heat, outside of the mid June heatwave this year (and that, too, underperformed). Impressive considering the strong signal for a broiling summer this year.

Yeah no real complaints here from a temperature perspective, it's been great! The excessive rain got to be very annoying, but even then that stopped about a month ago. The last month has been one of the better month-long summer stretches in a while it feels like. And the fact is we could go another 2-3 weeks of this at least considering this is pretty much the average kind of weather for September. 

• Like 1

With the leaf drop soon to happen, and the excellent drying conditions, I sealed the driveway for the year, yesterday. It was starting to flake off in chunks and needed to be sealed before the rains start and so not stop again. I do not care what they advertise, 3 years or 5 years, they only last one year before planned obsolescence occurs.

21 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

With the leaf drop soon to happen, and the excellent drying conditions, I sealed the driveway for the year, yesterday. It was starting to flake off in chunks and needed to be sealed before the rains start and so not stop again. I do not care what they advertise, 3 years or 5 years, they only last one year before planned obsolescence occurs.

I skipped one year and I agree!!!  Doing it yearly works best.  I normally have it done already but I was away over 7 weeks this summer.   I need to get that planned!! 

3 hours ago, bowtie` said:

3 hours ago, Lightning said:

I skipped one year and I agree!!!  Doing it yearly works best.  I normally have it done already but I was away over 7 weeks this summer.   I need to get that planned!! 

Coincidentally, I just did my annual seal last week. I used to only do it every three years or so, but I just do it every year now and don't have to use a much sealer on each coat.

• Like 1

I took some pictures yesterday and I found a vine that had a pale flower that looks like oats or hops. Does anybody know what it is?

thankfully, the snake I saw was a lot less dangerous than the time I almost stepped on a rattlesnake in the Rocky Mountains.

butterfly 6.jpg

unusual flowers 1.jpg

butterfly 3.jpg

snake 1.jpg

unusual flowers 3.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I normally don't post about my real life stuff and I didn't know where to put this but I have to post about this. My uncle was killed in a hit and run accident riding his bike to the store last night. He lived a few blocks over from me and the accident was like 200 yards from my house. My sister made a gofundme

https://gofund.me/317539f7

He was one of the nicest people you could know, always cared about his nieces and nephews always wanted to know how work was going how the family was doing. It's just so tragic to get run down in the street. He rode his bike all over and was probably going to out live us all.

• Sad 11

Really sorry to see this and sending warmth to you Stebo and your family, donated, hope it helps. I imagine you’ve got this covered but just in case not, would retain a lawyer who specializes in bike law, there are several in Michigan. All too often I see the perps of cyclist hit and runs somehow get off with no or little punishment. It’s like somehow what otherwise would be straight up murder is okay because it was car vs bike. The specialty bike lawyers are prepared for that and know how to fight for accountability while obviously trying to recoup their fees and ensure the family is able to recover costs and some form of settlement.

I got dinged on a Divvy in the south loop on Labor Day weekend by some clown, I wasn’t hurt and was able to keep riding but the guy just threw up his arms at me and sped off. Sorry bro, I was riding on the marked green bike lane and you decided to come out of a blind alley at 30mph, I was definitely the asshole.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, luckyweather said:

Really sorry to see this and sending warmth to you Stebo and your family, donated, hope it helps. I imagine you’ve got this covered but just in case not, would retain a lawyer who specializes in bike law, there are several in Michigan. All too often I see the perps of cyclist hit and runs somehow get off with no or little punishment. It’s like somehow what otherwise would be straight up murder is okay because it was car vs bike. The specialty bike lawyers are prepared for that and know how to fight for accountability while obviously trying to recoup their fees and ensure the family is able to recover costs and some form of settlement.

I got dinged on a Divvy in the south loop on Labor Day weekend by some clown, I wasn’t hurt and was able to keep riding but the guy just threw up his arms at me and sped off. Sorry bro, I was riding on the marked green bike lane and you decided to come out of a blind alley at 30mph, I was definitely the asshole.

Yeah idk what course of action we will take in the Civil manner but right now it's a criminal case being that it was a hit and run.