Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Spring/Summer '24 Banter and Complaint Thread

IWXwx

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Spartman said:

Not going to be a good start to the 4th of July when there are no weather stations reporting since around 7am. 

What chu talkin about Willis. KIND KLOT and even KDAY are all reporting. Are you talking about PWS in your area?

1 hour ago, bowtie` said:

What chu talkin about Willis. KIND KLOT and even KDAY are all reporting. Are you talking about PWS in your area?

There were a couple of hours around here this morning too where there were no obs. Probably just some glitch.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

post big event is always the worst.

Unless it is ridiculously hot out after the event and it knocks out your power.  I am sure I am not the only one with this experience in the past.

1 hour ago, WestMichigan said:

Unless it is ridiculously hot out after the event and it knocks out your power.  I am sure I am not the only one with this experience in the past.

I still remember the misery of no power after the July ‘95 derecho because it was so hot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Snapped this pic today.  This is Blossom.  A 7 yo doe that was born behind my truck in 2017 along with a twin that did not make it.  She hangs in the vicinity of my house for safety and has raised twins here every year except this year.  She was pregnant but I never saw her fawns.  When I'm out in the garden she comes for her daily cucumber treat.  I believe this will be her last summer.  Such a sweetie.

1246808030_thumbnail(15).thumb.jpg.7823100e2e0a41c83df642ae847a92bb.jpg

• Like 13

As we wind down met summer with windows open and fresh air most of this week, I am really shocked how comfortable summer was. This is now two summers in a row with hardly any real heat, outside of the mid June heatwave this year (and that, too, underperformed). Impressive considering the strong signal for a broiling summer this year.

• Like 3