• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
14th Lawn and Garden Thread P Allen Smith 2024

I have some fungal? issue going on with the cold season grass. The top 2-3” ends of the grass blades have turned a bright yellow while the bottom halves are deep green. This has happened over the last 2 weeks with little rain and low dews. It doesn’t look like red thread based on the examples I’ve seen. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

:weenie:

image.jpeg

Could be rust. I am seeing it in my lawn, but only the more shady section where the dew remains longer. 

Most of my lawn is sunny and will be prob be toast by the weekend if it doesnt rain this week. That has never happened in the 10 years I've been in VT, not even close really.

On 7/31/2024 at 9:34 AM, ChillinIt said:

No its not 70 a bag a few examples that work great 

https://www.themillstores.com/collections/lawn-weed-disease-control/products/13-0-4-50-lsn-38-prodiamine

https://www.themillstores.com/collections/lawn-weed-disease-control/products/16-0-5-15-dimension-50-scu-pre-emergent-crabgrass-control-50-lb

Now do a soil test about 20$ send me results.  Without having the soil correct first ( PH, CEC, N, P, K, Calcium and Organic matter) you are simply wasting $$.

This Fall Early Sept core aerate now when I say aerate I mean tear the crap out of it.  3 or 4 directions.  Apply a good 3 way Turf Type Tall Fescue 250 lbs. per acre.  At that time we will amend the soil for whatever it is lacking.

Yes in my years I have turned areas from complete trash to a nice stand of TF from Fall to following Spring and kept the Crab and weeds out.

Shipping to CT from this site is more expensive than the bags itself. Also, local distributors that have LP only sell to landscape pros. 

• Like 2