Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Spring 2024 Medium/Long Range Discussion

IWXwx

4 hours ago, Chambana said:

Beginning to wonder if a cooler than normal summer is in the works, no threat of any heat in the foreseeable future still. The pattern seems to be seasonal temps/wet and then cool down.

Tough to get cooler than normal here but agree that Im begining to question the hype this summer has. Seems like most are saying "one of the hottest ever" with lots of heatwaves. Im covering my plants tonight because expected low is 35F and I'm under a frost advisory. One of the latest in recent memory for my place. 

1 hour ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Cooler summer, yes please. Anyone wishing for a hot and humid summer clearly doesn’t work outside for a living. 

Last year we were on day 3 of the first of many extended heat waves of the summer. None of that garbage in sight so far. 

I work outside and love the  86F plus days haha 

4 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Cooler summer, yes please. Anyone wishing for a hot and humid summer clearly doesn’t work outside for a living. 

Last year we were on day 3 of the first of many extended heat waves of the summer. None of that garbage in sight so far. 

I work outside and don’t have AC in my house. We’ve grown too comfortable IMO and the long hot days are just part of the experience. To each their own for sure, but I need windows wide open and a shade tree. 

On 5/30/2024 at 9:03 AM, Chambana said:

Beginning to wonder if a cooler than normal summer is in the works, no threat of any heat in the foreseeable future still. The pattern seems to be seasonal temps/wet and then cool down.

Need to remember we're transitioning from an El Nino to a La Nina

6 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

-10F > +90F 

I’ll die on this hill. 

I’ll die on the hill of -10F < +90F as a fellow outdoor worker call me crazy but I move slow when it’s Arctic conditions haha

• Like 3

On 5/30/2024 at 8:03 AM, Chambana said:

The expectation was always for a back-loaded Summer, at least in y'alls neck of the woods.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 9:44 AM, mississaugasnow said:

Last summer stunk for heat out in the eastern lakes. Our hottest stretch wasn’t until September 

I’m hoping for big time heat this summer. 2020 style 

Insolation being obscured from all the Canadian wildfire smoke didn't help either.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Enjoy it while it lasts (next 2 weeks).

Indications are that eastern realignment of the death ridge should be underway starting the 3rd week of June.

Id love Toronto to hit 95F or above a few times this year. Been about 12 years since we hit 100F 

• Sad 3

I'm not a big heat fan myself, but I honestly think some of you are in denial, no offense. There isn't a single variable that will lead to the avoidance of a death ridge this year. Check out the SSTs/OHC in the Gulf/SE region. Speaks for itself.