Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 Severe Weather General Discussion

Kmlwx

4 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I am not sure I would go that far at all. They were warning the storms left and right. SPC didn't coordinate a Tornado Watch due to expected overall low coverage. However, given the risk, the smarter move could have been to issue a small watch given the major metro area. HOWEVER, flip side is that if they issued a watch and no storms formed or only weak ones...false alarm fatigue. I would hope that the warnings did their job. Wouldn't call it a "huge fail" by the weather service but that's just my two cents. Very easy to judge after the fact. 

I just really should have said, why no watch or anything. That’s what I really meant. 

• Like 1

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Tornado warning for AA, downtown Balt city and Balt county (Dundalk area) until 9:42

Confirmed tornado on that one as well. Wild day. 

New Warning northeast of Baltimore:

Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
857 PM EDT Wed Jun 5 2024

The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a

* Tornado Warning for... Southeastern Harford County in northern Maryland... East central Baltimore County in northern Maryland...

* Until 930 PM EDT.

* At 856 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located over Bowleys Quarters, or over Middle River, moving northeast at 25 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

IMPACT...For those in the direct path of a tornado touchdown, flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without shelter. Damage to roofs, siding, and windows may occur. Mobile homes may be damaged or destroyed. Tree damage is likely.

* This dangerous storm will be near... Bowleys Quarters around 900 PM EDT. Aberdeen Proving Ground around 910 PM EDT.

Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include Martin State Airport, Magnolia, Chase, Edgewood, and Joppatowne.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER NOW! Move to a basement or an interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a mobile home, or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and protect yourself from flying debris.

&&

TIME...MOT...LOC 0056Z 247DEG 22KT 3934 7639

TORNADO...RADAR INDICATED
MAX HAIL SIZE...<.75 IN

$$

BJL

Obviously am curious what the rating will end up being. Can’t find damage photos that look significantly worse than the EF-1 damage I saw in Arlington a few years ago… or that looks too much stronger than the microburst. But very tough to tell and #notaprofessional