Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 Severe Weather General Discussion

Kmlwx

1 minute ago, pazzo83 said:

not here but woah
KMDW 160234Z 20014G26KT 10SM +FC SCT029 SCT120 BKN140 OVC200 31/26 A2964 RMK TORNADO B31 5 SW MOV E AO2 PK WND 19026/0229 LTG DSNT ALQDS CONS LTGIC DSNT SW-N-NE CB DSNT W-N-NE T03110261

That is a wild line approaching Chicago

• Like 1

That midwest derecho won't make it here, but the CAM signal for widespread convection Wednesday in a fairly healthy environment is quite strong in this evening's runs.   Would think we should wake up to a Day 2 SLGT in the morning.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, high risk said:

That midwest derecho won't make it here, but the CAM signal for widespread convection Wednesday in a fairly healthy environment is quite strong in this evening's runs.   Would think we should wake up to a Day 2 SLGT in the morning.

And we did! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

6z 3k NAM has a line go through this evening. Hrrr less enthusiastic as per usual.

HRRR again reduces dew points into the upper 50s this afternoon.    The fact that it's still able to generate a weak line in that environment certainly suggests that there will be forcing available to work with the "real" instability.

• Like 4

Just now, dailylurker said:

Why lol. Clouds can't even sustain themselves. Who's at the NWS these days. I've never seen so many stupid watches lol

101 with dropping DP.

I'll be honest...I was shocked when the alert came through on the wx radio. There are literally NO clouds in the sky today...there certainly were yesterday, and I thought for sure we'd cash in on at least one quick storm last night, but no dice.

Today, it seems the main event is west of the Apps. Maybe that popcorn-y stuff out in the valley will build up and come this way...but it just doesn't feel that way today (compared to yesterday).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Why lol. Clouds can't even sustain themselves. Who's at the NWS these days. I've never seen so many stupid watches lol

101 with dropping DP.

The CU field to the west has grown. There are some cells forming - yes they could/likely will struggle - but if a storm manages to cook it could get quite strong. DCAPE is quite strong and in the 1100-1300 range. 

• Like 1