• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 Severe Weather General Discussion

Kmlwx

Pretty much everyone Moco and points south and east are going to at least get some respite from the heat tonight. Just take the rain. A nice light show is a bonus. As much as I love severe, I really don't want to deal with a power outage with this heat.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Light rain Aldie Virginia about 12 miles SW of Leesburg Virginia or approximately 12 miles NW of Dulles airport or about 5 miles east of Middleburg Virginia approximately 4 miles west of Harris Teeter

:lol:

I wish that line had filled in -- looks like a close call for my area to catch the northern extent of it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Light rain Aldie Virginia about 12 miles SW of Leesburg Virginia or approximately 12 miles NW of Dulles airport or about 5 miles east of Middleburg Virginia approximately 4 miles west of Harris Teeter

I thought it was a grocery store. 

Let's go, Short Pump.

I like my location as of now. Looks like the best shot in a while for something interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

How far are you from Aldi in Aldie though 

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

LOL. So, you don't mind if I start stalking you now, since you were so precise...right?  :D 

So, getting darker now, thinking we're gonna get something. That brighter storm cloud on the right moving very quickly east from the west, courtesy of Aldie.  ;)  The greyish ones on the left, seem to be moving...north?? Kinda weird. But okay.

image.thumb.jpeg.a79129aa17ff8606687451d7401a4e2d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Region between Charlottesville and Louisa appears to be getting pretty fairly spanked right now on radar...in terms of lightning. Any confirmations on conditions down that way?

In somewhat related news, at least based on current radar....Short Pump looks like it might only get grazed by severe activity to the north.  ;) 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, biodhokie said:

Pretty much everyone Moco and points south and east are going to at least get some respite from the heat tonight. Just take the rain. A nice light show is a bonus. As much as I love severe, I really don't want to deal with a power outage with this heat.

Steady rain is better for relieving dry soil anyway. Torrential rains just run off.

7 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Legit now...thank you baby jeebus

Send some this way, brother...please.

1 minute ago, AdamHLG said:

Be careful what you wish for !!!

Yeah. Seriously. Losing power right now would be an UGLY situation. We lost power after the 2012 derecho for 3-4 days...and I never thought I could sweat THAT MUCH in my life, ever. Pretty sure this current situation would exceed that...IF we lost power.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

TOR possible tag on it now 

The further north that gets will probably get it into better shear as well. Some good wind velocity showing up on the LWX scans entering MoCo as well. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Region between Charlottesville and Louisa appears to be getting pretty fairly spanked right now on radar...in terms of lightning. Any confirmations on conditions down that way?

In somewhat related news, at least based on current radar....Short Pump looks like it might only get grazed by severe activity to the north.  ;) 

I'm upset about it. We got some brief gusty showers in cville proper and then the line absolutely exploded about 5 miles to our East...