• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season

My wife hates buying on credit and I don't get paid until the 10th.  By next weekend, if the 10/30 lemon is developing and heading anywhere between Veracruz and New Orleans, I suspect the generators will evaporate. 

In good news, new GFS says Debbie will literally save the Western Gulf from possible Ernesto.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

My wife hates buying on credit and I don't get paid until the 10th.  By next weekend, if the 10/30 lemon is developing and heading anywhere between Veracruz and New Orleans, I suspect the generators will evaporate. 

In good news, new GFS says Debbie will literally save the Western Gulf from possible Ernesto.

Didn’t people say Debby would cause a weakness in the ridge forcing the possible new storm upwards?

7 hours ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

Or ironically it might be named francine

GUNmZ3-XEAA8p-V.jpeg

32 minutes ago, CurlyHeadBarrett said:

Or ironically it might be named francine

GUNmZ3-XEAA8p-V.jpeg

The wave entering the Caribbean, Euro ensembles backing off, the wave is too close to South America.  The wave behind over the EATL, if ensembles are to believed now (they can change) thatt has fisg written all over it.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

The wave entering the Caribbean, Euro ensembles backing off, the wave is too close to South America.  The wave behind over the EATL, if ensembles are to believed now (they can change) thatt has fisg written all over it.

Jfl not all are backing off + steering is changing thanks to debby

The wave entering the Caribbean, the models are backing off, development is becoming less likley, and the Euro wave after that is recurving before the islands with most of the ensemble members.  Its all good, the Gulf can handle a week off from the hurricanes.  I'm sure something will get into the Gulf this season, odds are low it is during the next 2 weeks.

050824_6ZEuro.png

9 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

The wave entering the Caribbean, the models are backing off, development is becoming less likley, and the Euro wave after that is recurving before the islands with most of the ensemble members.  Its all good, the Gulf can handle a week off from the hurricanes.  I'm sure something will get into the Gulf this season, odds are low it is during the next 2 weeks.

050824_6ZEuro.png

Why the hell is it so unfavorable

17 minutes ago, CurlyHeadBarrett said:

Why the hell is it so unfavorable

It is further S, closer to South America.  There is a heat low over Venezuela that slowly sinks back towards the Equator,  In early August, it is still close enough to the Caribbean that it robs inflow, and helps produce the pressure gradient that means higher shear, regardless  of the upper level flow.  So all the models are backing off on development, and the few that do still develop it are mostly running it into Central America far enough S it never gets back over water.

9 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

It is further S, closer to South America.  There is a heat low over Venezuela that slowly sinks back towards the Equator,  In early August, it is still close enough to the Caribbean that it robs inflow, and helps produce the pressure gradient that means higher shear, regardless  of the upper level flow.  So all the models are backing off on development, and the few that do still develop it are mostly running it into Central America far enough S it never gets back over water.

I just want to see rain 

37 minutes ago, CurlyHeadBarrett said:

Do you know roughly when it can bug off, it's giving me itchy ahh eyes

Normally it abates by mid August. This year the SAL has been ridiculously high and there is another good size plume of it entering the MDR. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

I think the 12Z GFS is wrong, but check out about hour 180 or 204.

I saw  but  it seems  unlikely. 25 named storms? Lets say Aug  has  2. We  need  10 in sept and  10 in OCT. Aug  has to be  busy to get  to 25 and  nothing  now says  busy. Eric Webb says the MJO is Favorable  now and wont  be  in Sept. The season so far  is  2 tropical storms hitting the US with the  only reason they got to a  cat1 was interaction with land. We all saw  how  all the forecasters were saying how  super favorable the tropics were this season. Im not  seeing  it. Once again the  Mdr  is  choked with dust, dry as a desert, with sinking air  added  in. Beryl was a  butterfly effect thing where somehow  it  managed to do the  impossible but  that  isnt  going to keep on happening.

We arent  even getting a sniff of anything developing  in the subtropics this season. I  have  no idea what  has to happen to get moisture  into the Atlantic again but  el nino, la  nina, anything  inbetween and we end  up with a dead MDR.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_atl_62.png

25 minutes ago, ldub23 said:

I saw  but  it seems  unlikely. 25 named storms? Lets say Aug  has  2. We  need  10 in sept and  10 in OCT. Aug  has to be  busy to get  to 25 and  nothing  now says  busy. Eric Webb says the MJO is Favorable  now and wont  be  in Sept. The season so far  is  2 tropical storms hitting the US with the  only reason they got to a  cat1 was interaction with land. We all saw  how  all the forecasters were saying how  super favorable the tropics were this season. Im not  seeing  it. Once again the  Mdr  is  choked with dust, dry as a desert, with sinking air  added  in. Beryl was a  butterfly effect thing where somehow  it  managed to do the  impossible but  that  isnt  going to keep on happening.

We arent  even getting a sniff of anything developing  in the subtropics this season. I  have  no idea what  has to happen to get moisture  into the Atlantic again but  el nino, la  nina, anything  inbetween and we end  up with a dead MDR.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_atl_62.png

Do you really think this season would be like 2022/2013 jfl

23 minutes ago, ldub23 said:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_atl_62.png

A lot of posters don't think there'll be 2005/1935 number of storms.  It is the rare storm that develops in the subtropics or even in the tropics that affects the US.  18 storms and an ACE of 200 would be quite active in my book.  Two landfalling US hurricanes by August 5 feels active to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CurlyHeadBarrett said:

Do you really think this season would be like 2022/2013 jfl

I interact with ldub, though I have been warned he may be a troll.  He disappears from the board when there are systems in the Atlantic.  At least he no longer posts GFS Hour 384 (day 16)  surface maps showing either the surface ridge means no way a storm doesn't curve out to sea.  Haven't seen 384 hour maps from him in years.

• Haha 2