Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season

56 minutes ago, CurlyHeadBarrett said:

Only the very young ones?

Yeah kinda, I have a sister who is ten years younger than me and it seems like it’s more of a high school thing to actually talk like that. I mean some of my friends will use it in an ironic way though as a joke lol

• Like 1

Just now, Intensewind002 said:

Yeah kinda, I have a sister who is ten years younger than me and it seems like it’s more of a high school thing to actually talk like that. I mean some of my friends will use it in an ironic way though as a joke lol

Maybe I just rot too much

Man I mainly just lurk but feel like from last season to now an entire new language was developed. Is what it is but for us non Mets who just enjoy learning and reading it’s a bit hard to distinguish what is real and what is BS. One thing I really liked about this place was it was 90% straight and on topic. Hopefully once the season kicks in the shit will get kicked away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

As someone in hs (yeah I still mog all of you in terms of gen zness) can confirm this is mainly hs terms

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

This was the post I was too cowardly to make

You gotta lowinhibmaxx 

32 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

As someone in hs (yeah I still mog all of you in terms of gen zness) can confirm this is mainly hs terms

In real life I don’t talk like this haha

2 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

haha I mean I am Gen Z. just turned 25

anyway this season does look bad. don't see how this is anything but active. if not hyper

It does look like it will be a very bad tropical season in the Atlantic and in the Caribbean/GoMex. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Floydbuster said:

First-time-james-franco-hanging-meme.jpg

2005 feels like yesterday. Now I DO feel old. 

So do I

Can’t compete 

23 minutes ago, Jebman said:

It does look like it will be a very bad tropical season in the Atlantic and in the Caribbean/GoMex. 

It’s jova. 

5 hours ago, CurlyHeadBarrett said:

Fr? How long have you been tracking?

Good evening CB. I became interested in my single digits during the early mid 50’s. The Daily News Coloroto Magazine would put out a color centerfold of the US with past hurricane tracks. In the actiive 50’s it was updated yearly.  Most of the wiring was above ground. A candle supply was a necessity during those active seasons. I remember Riding in my father’s 1950 Buick Roadmaster and seeing many of my Brooklyn neighborhood  side streets blocked by downed and crossed trees. I can’t even dream of coming close to the skills of my fellow forum members but I enjoy the spaghetti track graphics and the analysis that TS threads produce. Stay well, as always …

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good evening CB. I became interested in my single digits during the early mid 50’s. The Daily News Coloroto Magazine would put out a color centerfold of the US with past hurricane tracks. In the actiive 50’s it was updated yearly.  Most of the wiring was above ground. A candle supply was a necessity during those active seasons. I remember Riding in my father’s 1950 Buick Roadmaster and seeing many of my Brooklyn neighborhood  side streets blocked by downed and crossed trees. I can’t even dream of coming close to the skills of my fellow forum members but I enjoy the spaghetti track graphics and the analysis that TS threads produce. Stay well, as always …

What would you say has changed then to now regarding the quality and intensity of hurricane landfalls?

i started tracking in 2009 but I live in Long Island so we don’t have too many guests 

41 minutes ago, CurlyHeadBarrett said:

What would you say has changed then to now regarding the quality and intensity of hurricane landfalls?

i started tracking in 2009 but I live in Long Island so we don’t have too many guests 

With no satellite or radar tracking the unknown was the greatest difference. We really never knew how bad it would be until it was on us. A  later 1960 memory, during that active period, was leaving Brooklyn Technical High School during Hurricane Donna ( regular schedule no school cancellation or early dismissal  ) and seeing the long stairs going up into Fort Green Park become a raging river. Today’s detailed Analysis of track and intensity of storms reduce the fear factor compared to then because we really never knew what was coming. I can still hear my mother telling me not to worry because we are only  getting the ‘tail end’ of the hurricane. I was smart enough not to ask her what the hell that meant. 
As always …..

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, rclab said:

With no satellite or radar tracking the unknown was the greatest difference. We really never knew how bad it would be until it was on us. A  later 1960 memory, during that active period, was leaving Brooklyn Technical High School during Hurricane Donna ( regular schedule no school cancellation or early dismissal  ) and seeing the long stairs going up into Fort Green Park become a raging river. Today’s detailed Analysis of track and intensity of storms reduce the fear factor compared to then because we really never knew what was coming. I can still hear my mother telling me not to worry because we are only  getting the ‘tail end’ of the hurricane. I was smart enough not to ask her what the hell that meant. 
As always …..

That sounds rough. It’s great to see how much things have improved for the better technologywise

• Like 1

A number of models still try to get 94L to TS status briefly in the next 24-36 hours in the BoC before landfall. The last two invests in this area were close but ran out of time. We’ll see if this one gets there.

Regardless, it has been very active for the Mexico coast so far this season…

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

A number of models still try to get 94L to TS status briefly in the next 24-36 hours in the BoC before landfall. The last two invests in this area were close but ran out of time. We’ll see if this one gets there.

Regardless, it has been very active for the Mexico coast so far this season…

So debby and Chris might come?

94L to 50% and area E of Beryl now a 7 day cherry.

2. Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
An area of low pressure located several hundred miles southwest of 
the Cabo Verde Islands is producing an area of disorganized showers 
and thunderstorms.  Environmental conditions appear conducive for 
additional development of this system, and a tropical depression 
could form by the middle of next week while it moves generally 
westward at 15 to 20 mph across the eastern and central tropical 
Atlantic. 
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...70 percent.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

94L to 50% and area E of Beryl now a 7 day cherry.

2. Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
An area of low pressure located several hundred miles southwest of 
the Cabo Verde Islands is producing an area of disorganized showers 
and thunderstorms.  Environmental conditions appear conducive for 
additional development of this system, and a tropical depression 
could form by the middle of next week while it moves generally 
westward at 15 to 20 mph across the eastern and central tropical 
Atlantic. 
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...70 percent.

Do you think this or 94L would snag Chris?