• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season

9 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

I don't trust anything showing an early July system strengthening in the Caribbean  https://x.com/NbergWX/status/1806039356387271038

I mostly agree with you. Emily 2005 was definitely the definition of outlier, but it gave us a clear sign of what was to come. I wonder if this year we get that kind of signals.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tiger_deF said:

I’m still waiting until we can get a storm to Gaston-maxx. It’s been 8 years and I still haven’t let him go…

IMG_7573.webp

These things do nothing for me. 

I mostly agree with you. Emily 2005 was definitely the definition of outlier, but it gave us a clear sign of what was to come. I wonder if this year we get that kind of signals.
Don't forget Dennis that same year, which formed on July 4th in the Lesser Antilles out of a well-organized MDR disturbance and reached Category 4 intensity on July 8th. It remains the earliest Major on record in the Caribbean, preceding Emily's formation on July 10th, though Emily holds the record for earliest Category 5. I still do not understand why Emily wasn't retired by the WMO. It devastated the central Rivera Maya.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Windspeed said:
40 minutes ago, wxmx said:

Don't forget Dennis, which formed on July 4th in the Lesser Antilles out of a well-organized MDR disturbance and reached Category 4 intensity on July 8th. It remains the earliest Major on record in the Caribbean, even if just barely eclipsing Emily's formation on July 10th, though Emily holds the record for earliest Category 5. I still do not understand why Emily wasn't retired by the WMO.

Yeah, we were there together tracking Emily. Hurricane Emily was a much more memorable storm than it gets credit for. The evacuations were tremendous and no doubt saved many lives in Mexico.

• Like 1

Emily would’ve been retired in any other year but in 2005 the bar was mentally set a little higher. Mexico cashed their chips on Stan over Emily. 

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

haha I mean I am Gen Z. just turned 25

anyway this season does look bad. don't see how this is anything but active. if not hyper

And I’m almost 29. 
I wonder when our first mogger hurricane might come about. Me thinks Ernesto but I’m not too sure

10 minutes ago, CurlyHeadBarrett said:

Why debby and when do you think she will come?

I just think Climo will keep 94L & 95L in check a bit. Maybe enough to get a name, but not enough to become a major hurricane. Shear or at the very least trade winds will probably be a factor in the Caribbean. Today’s runs on 95L were interesting though. 

Debby probably arrives late July/early August.  All speculation of course.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I just think Climo will keep 94L & 95L in check a bit. Maybe enough to get a name, but not enough to become a major hurricane. Shear or at the very least trade winds will probably be a factor in the Caribbean. Today’s runs on 95L were interesting though. 

Debby probably arrives late July/early August.  All speculation of course.

Yeah I’ve posted some twitter thread on 95L on the designated thread. Jfl at the moggers the Euro is drawing up 

and do you think Debby will mog hard or just some slopmaxxer?

1 minute ago, CurlyHeadBarrett said:

Yeah I’ve posted some twitter thread on 95L on the designated thread. Jfl at the moggers the Euro is drawing up 

and do you think Debby will mog hard or just some slopmaxxer?

If it’s in the MDR, mog hard lol

• Like 1