Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 Short/Medium Range Severe Weather Discussion

Just now, cardinalland said:

got a link for it? asking for a friend, thanks

KMDW 160234Z 20014G26KT 10SM +FC SCT029 SCT120 BKN140 OVC200 31/26 A2964 RMK TORNADO B31 5 SW MOV E AO2 PK WND 19026/0229 LTG DSNT ALQDS CONS LTGIC DSNT SW-N-NE CB DSNT W-N-NE T03110261

Feeling the cool down. Moisture was piping right til it got here half hr ago.

Took a quick walk to get some beers and heard the sirens. Definitely felt beefy with a rolling barrage coming in.

• Like 1

Nevermind discrete lol, it didn't have to be. Night of the QLCS twisters once the LLJ ramped up and low level shear increased markedly. One of the craziest nights in my now almost 14 years here.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

LOT had to shelter and hand off warnings. The backup office probably just said “fuck this shit” and drew the big boxes 
That was mostly or entirely us because we were only in shelter for a few minutes. Had no choice but to go the carpet bomb route. When the entire line is spinning, go big lol.

• Like 3

I was the NWSChat/Slack person for the event, responsible for all of our main room chats and also a room we set up for city of Chicago support. Easily the most chat posts I've made in an event, just a total barrage at the height of the it.

One of our radar operators recommended to post ~10 confirmed tornadoes' on there because that was about right. Almost every circulation had an at least brief TDS. Just hard to describe how crazy it was during that time, including briefly sheltering when we saw power flashes outside our window.

Anyone on here who has pertinent damage information and photos for our survey teams tomorrow, please email [email protected].

Also you can let me know in a PM if you're trying to send information to one of our neighboring offices affected tonight.

• Like 4

Even though the line was losing some of its punch we still managed 40-50 mph winds IMBY. Damage across the area was pretty typical for a summer time MCS. Although there is a pretty large swath in Elkhart, IN that probably got hit by a down burst and/or small tornado. Lots of tree damage.

IMG_1230.jpeg