• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

Feel like this is being dismissed a bit too early. It has stopped the trend west. Models seem a bit lost, but radar has looked okay for the past day or so. Once this gets off land the picture will be clearer. Still though, it looks decent considering the conditions. Seems to be somewhat symmetrical and decent outflow. It just needs an actual defined center lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS initialized by Ineedsnow?

looks like the model ran an experiment to pass a cane the closest it could possibly come while meaning the lowest possible fun while doing so.

ha

• Haha 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

looks like the model ran an experiment to pass a cane the closest it could possibly come while meaning the lowest possible fun while doing so.

ha

There is a ridge to the east trying, but that flow is just too westerly. Focus is more on the PRE rains imo. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is a ridge to the east trying, but that flow is just too westerly. Focus is more on the PRE rains imo. 

yeah, that's been the specter with this one for days.  I haven't really been keeping up on threads so not sure who gets credit and when but this has been missing some canonical features.   No pulsed -NAO over the western limb, while ..yeah there's a trough near 90 W but the saddle bag structure is too opened up like you're saying.

I guess there's time to change. 

• Like 1

Maybe a closer approach, but like @CoastalWx said the flow isn’t what you need for a more direct shot. Could easily see eastward shifts once there’s a well defined center guidance can effectively model. We watch in case there are changes with the trough but it’s unlikely to change that much right now.

The PRE signal has been consistent however, so that’s definitely something to watch for NE and Atlantic Canada. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Maybe a closer approach, but like @CoastalWx said the flow isn’t what you need for a more direct shot. Could easily see eastward shifts once there’s a well defined center guidance can effectively model. We watch in case there are changes with the trough but it’s unlikely to change that much right now.

The PRE signal has been consistent however, so that’s definitely something to watch for NE and Atlantic Canada. 

With that high to the east I don't think it would take much change with the trough to pull it up.. as of now though the pre rains look intense for someone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

With that high to the east I don't think it would take much change with the trough to pull it up.. as of now though the pre rains look intense for someone. 

I will be floored if that thing gets to ACK. But when I mean ACK I mean moving over the island due to the low being offshore...not some junky low coming east after going over 1000 miles of land. I still think it will take a lot of work. To me the PRE stuff will be the issue. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

The high to the east helps prevent a quick escape, but troughs are king. That needs a lot of work. I know you know this but it’s not like a wintertime coastal, a BM track won’t cut it for meaningful (non-PRE) impacts around here. 

• Like 1

The Euro is attempting to modulate those latter frames' synoptic hemisphere toward what I was describing in the August thread.  This run appears to be emerging that.   During those latter ranges it's now raising heights N-NE of HA ... That transmits a pattern reversal down stream over the continent - in the summer, the wave lengths are less coherent than winter so ... But still, there it is.    Also, notice the heights over the NAO domain, particularly the western limb? there's zip blocking and longitudinal flow type setting up.  That will also draw the westerlies N along the EC, and then WAR retros west underneath.

There's actually ( ironically) a growing signal there for a heat wave in the OV to NE region - mind you ...this is all evolving. 

8 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems like could be headed that way . Canes do things to patterns . Ensembles and ops are soakers 

Confidence
drops off considerably Wednesday and beyond as global models are
beginning to come into agreement on a potential tropical cyclone
moving up the east coast mid to late week. The potential development
and track of this system could affect the forecast in southern New
England later next week. Check the latest Tropical Weather Outlook
from The National Hurricane Center for more details.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:
Confidence
drops off considerably Wednesday and beyond as global models are
beginning to come into agreement on a potential tropical cyclone
moving up the east coast mid to late week. The potential development
and track of this system could affect the forecast in southern New
England later next week. Check the latest Tropical Weather Outlook
from The National Hurricane Center for more details.

we watch!