Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nothing to really generate excitement yet, but for a tropical head like me I’m paying more attention each day. It’s going to be a few more days until TC genesis. 

I'm just kind of bustin too with this :lol: 

I have been watching closely though each day, one worry I have is something gets going very quickly and threatens anywhere along the Southeast Coast. Until we either start to see better organization the models will almost be kind of useless. But if we go into Friday or Saturday and this isn't looking better it's probably toast. 

I'm a little weenie on New England/New York hurricanes, both of my parents remembered 1938 quite well, but a strong tropical storm with the Bermuda-Azores ridge building back in, well, not 1938, that is more likely in September or October, but a Hurricane Belle scenario, which I remembered and which, along with 1978 on Long Island, made me a lifelong Gen X weenie.  I try to contain my weenieness in the tropical forum threads.

NewEnglandCloseCall.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If that scenario plays out and it hits FL or state just offshore of EC and slows it definitely has a window to come north after westerlies relax early next week. It also should help to pump that WAR so be  very careful about calling for big chill and cool 

I would take a cane over the cold 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

17 hours ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

I'm a little weenie on New England/New York hurricanes, both of my parents remembered 1938 quite well, but a strong tropical storm with the Bermuda-Azores ridge building back in, well, not 1938, that is more likely in September or October, but a Hurricane Belle scenario, which I remembered and which, along with 1978 on Long Island, made me a lifelong Gen X weenie.  I try to contain my weenieness in the tropical forum threads.

NewEnglandCloseCall.png

I was a kid in Falmouth (Buzzards Bay) for Belle and it was pretty disappointing. 

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS looks like GFS model. What a joke. Yet we are told to "save a horse." How about save some time and don't use it.

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS and GEFS owning the Euro.

Just absolute woodshed the last few seasons. Consistently wrong both the op and ensembles. Not just on the development of the wave but the broader steering pattern itself which is egregious imo at 7-8 days.