Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2024 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

F’n nonsense. Guy thinks he’s a comedian, except nobody is laughing. 

The shameless of youth… almost enviable, on most places but a forum for weather discussion

To make sure this post isn’t deleted I’ll throw in something relevant. Worth watching the current central Atlantic wave, the one behind it will almost certainly recurve. Hopefully we get a big beautiful storm out of that one

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

GEFS sends one ensemble as a Cat 3 into Connecticut, it is a 968mb storm over southwest Vermont next frame after 26252b2ecf5c2f2a36c32bac932c9a7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

yeah, that’s sure to verify.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

28 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

GEFS sends one ensemble as a Cat 3 into Connecticut, it is a 968mb storm over southwest Vermont next frame after 26252b2ecf5c2f2a36c32bac932c9a7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Good place to start. We can always lower the pressure as we get closer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

just at a coarse look the featuring nearing 10N/30W looks like a 'zygote' entity to me.   in fact it's already got a llv inflow into the western aspects, which interests me because no model really does much with it [ edit, actually the gfs's 6z appears to].  models seem to be focused further west along the itcz where presently there's only vague markers from what i can see.   

It makes sense that we’re potentially starting to see signs of life as the EPAC goes quiet and the monsoon trough/African waves start to end up in more climatologically favored regions. Whatever comes of that MT could be worth watching generally as it gets into the Caribbean—that’s if anything develops. Shear is low across the MDR, and the shear profiles look absurdly favorable mid-September across ensembles. 

Although still well below normal, instability in the eastern MDR has increased markedly this month, and SAL intrusions have been less prominent. 

Waves just need to survive crossing the eastern MDR wasteland…

36 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow…this thread is dead as can be…f’n boring season for sure. 

remember the forecasts for 25-30 storms and "hurricane season from hell"   We are at 4 storms going into Sept lol

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow…this thread is dead as can be…f’n boring season for sure. 

Wait a week.

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Any reason we should keep an eye on that convection in the Bahamas? To my weenie eye it has a slight cyclonic tendency. Probably sheared to hell though. 

More upper level than anything at the surface.

I hinted at it in another thread days ago but I think there’s legit potential for something off the SE coast next week—maybe tropical, maybe hybrid—as a boundary settles off the coast. Probably an OTS type deal but there should be a ridge building over the top that could force it north or back west. 

• Like 3

I wouldn’t say we’re active yet, but last week we couldn’t even get convection in the tropical Atlantic lol. 

If the MT can produce something especially before the Antilles I think there’s high end potential. 

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

18z GFS Trying to get us with a STS or tropical storm next weekend?

That’s what I posted about earlier today. There’s been a cross guidance signal for something for days now.

It’ll get meh’d but the signal for something offshore is there. We’ll see if it’s there next week though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I wouldn’t say we’re active yet, but last week we couldn’t even get convection in the tropical Atlantic lol. 

If the MT can produce something especially before the Antilles I think there’s high end potential. 

MT? Not Mountain Torque I take it…lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

remember the forecasts for 25-30 storms and "hurricane season from hell"   We are at 4 storms going into Sept lol

That’s why you never ever take any long range forecast with much seriousness….grain of salt at best.  Ya sure, sometimes things line up, but most times they don’t.  

• Weenie 2

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

MT? Not Mountain Torque I take it…lol. 

Monsoon Trough. Tends to be a good focal point for tropical genesis, but can lead to messy model signals because you get competing areas of vorticity.

In this case, the monsoon trough also helps to moisten the central Atlantic. Could be useful later in September.

mimictpw_natl_latest.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2