• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

Seems like just about everyone is onboard for the present wave just E of the Antilles to gain tropical characteristics.
50/50 ATT from NHC.
If, a big IF...
Don't know what to think. Gut feeling- It doesn't develop. 
Drought continues. I'm all in for a late blooming prolific season. Record breaker maybe.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Funny how you can get a grasp of your stalkers through emoji patterns... that @NoCORH4Lis one...I could post that the sky is blue and would post a confused emoji. I don't mean people that I know, like Kevin.

Are things going as planned so far? :devilsmiley:

Must be some thinly veiled, passive aggressive pun aimed at a failed seasonal effort.....yep...you got me. Go figure, an amatreur weather hobbyist endeavoring to take on something very few pros will got it wrong.

Guessing that "NoCORH4L" is the name of the weather coop that you meticulously set up in your mom's backyard on prom night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, tiger_deF said:

As long as some models show a decently strong hurricane off the coast (even if steering isn’t cooperating) we watch 

IMG_7775.png

Zero chance of that landfalling in New England.

Then again, maybe this call is as accurate as my last couple of winter calls, which means we are in trouble...but I don't see anything to capture it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Congrats again Atlantic Canada on the Euro :lol:

But seriously, our only chance for anything other than cirrus is for the ridge to drive this into the Carolinas and then NE. Even then, remnants are a long shot. Maybe we can get a PRE out of it in SNE while Stein cradles Dendy to sleep lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Those clouds are looking a little better this morning

yeah showing some signs as it gets into a bit more of a favorable environment. We shall see what happens. Looks like the GFS actually takes it into the Gulf and blows up there? I'm assuming its the same wave anyways...haven't looked too closely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah showing some signs as it gets into a bit more of a favorable environment. We shall see what happens. Looks like the GFS actually takes it into the Gulf and blows up there? I'm assuming its the same wave anyways...haven't looked too closely. 

It’s a very favorable environment in the western Atlantic, but the size of the wave and dryness aloft has kept this from popping quickly. I’d still say it’s unlikely anything happens in our neck of the woods but the SE is definitely in the game and we (and Atlantic Canada) should keep a casual eye on it. 

I don’t think the GFS Gulf solutions are viable given the convective activity we’re starting to see north of the Antilles but we’ll see if that activity leads to earlier development. 

joAsnVb.png

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s a very favorable environment in the western Atlantic, but the size of the wave and dryness aloft has kept this from popping quickly. I’d still say it’s unlikely anything happens in our neck of the woods but the SE is definitely in the game and we (and Atlantic Canada) should keep a casual eye on it. 

I don’t think the GFS Gulf solutions are viable given the convective activity we’re starting to see north of the Antilles but we’ll see if that activity leads to earlier development. 

joAsnVb.png

The GFS was certainly something :lol:

We'll see how quickly any organization can occur once into a more favorable environment although dry air may still continue to be somewhat of an issue. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The GFS was certainly something :lol:

We'll see how quickly any organization can occur once into a more favorable environment although dry air may still continue to be somewhat of an issue. 

Yeah I think that probably continues to be a limiting factor but just note guidance has become more aggressive with intensification recently. With a favorable UL wind environment that can help keep nearby dry air from getting imparted. Still a fair amount of uncertainty with this one, but it continues to look legit to me. 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah I think that probably continues to be a limiting factor but just note guidance has become more aggressive with intensification recently. With a favorable UL wind environment that can help keep nearby dry air from getting imparted. Still a fair amount of uncertainty with this one, but it continues to look legit to me. 

I am interested with this due to potential impacts along the Southeast coast but overall not too excited on this yet. The Euro has certainly been one of the more consistent and impressive with potential development. I would expect models though to continue struggling just because we don't have much to work with yet, so essentially it's just watching how this evolves on satellite throughout the day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am interested with this due to potential impacts along the Southeast coast but overall not too excited on this yet. The Euro has certainly been one of the more consistent and impressive with potential development. I would expect models though to continue struggling just because we don't have much to work with yet, so essentially it's just watching how this evolves on satellite throughout the day.

Nothing to really generate excitement yet, but for a tropical head like me I’m paying more attention each day. It’s going to be a few more days until TC genesis. 

• Like 3