• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2024 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

An aspect I noticed about this season along these prior months is that it's seemed like low frequency TW - or maybe the coherence is just low.   But it's been like low motility counts.  lol

Having said that, running the models out in time from this point forward, ...there are 3 to 5 identifiable waves emerging from Africa down there so perhaps the MDR will light up for a while.   The MJO desks/publication suggests both that to go along with the obvious climo.

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

IMO That will probably change over the next few days anyway. 

Did you read the entire thread? These guys are notable experts in the long range/seasonal stuff. So clearly there is a broader discussion on the current status. I find it interesting. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Did you read the entire thread? These guys are notable experts in the long range/seasonal stuff. So clearly there is a broader discussion on the current status. I find it interesting. 

Oh…didn’t realize it went further than the few lines there. Sorry. 

• Weenie 1

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Is there another platform to access?  

X is douchy these days about non-members, a typical tactic by the greed of billionaires.   ... cuz, they don't have enough money, anyway -right

• Like 1

It seems the Tropical Atlantic season is not turning out to be a " Way above normal " season. I believe they have already scaled down the amount of storms we should see coming out of the Atlantic. I mean.. we still have 2 weeks left in August, all of September and also most of October...so anything can happen.

Just bring on Winter already ( although This winter's also looking to be lackluster ).

I believe nothing when it comes to the long-range forecast for winter. Look what's happening already with the hurricane forecast for this summer.... So far it's a bust ( as far as the amount of storms go ).

22 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

still ots but the 18z models just took a significant shift west 

05L_tracks_latest (1).png

This thing is a disorganized piece of junk currently.  The longer it stays like that, the more west it may come. It’s not very impressive at all so far. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This thing is a disorganized piece of junk currently.  The longer it stays like that, the more west it may come. It’s not very impressive at all so far. 

It's getting its act together though. Seems on par on terms of development or organization, in fact may even be slightly ahead of forecasts. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It's getting its act together though. Seems on par on terms of development or organization, in fact may even be slightly ahead of forecasts. 

Not really if you look what recon is finding.. its a mess tight now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Not really if you look what recon is finding.. its a mess tight now

eh it seems on track to me with the progression and strengthening. There have been some decent sustained winds and gusts measured thus far. Once the forward speed slows a bit this evening it should get a much more organized structure. This could get to hurricane status just as it is passing northeast of Puerto Rico.

24 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I can’t find records of a cat 5 eye ever passing over Bermuda. That’s the only worthy reason to continue tracking this thing…the impact on the island. 

@Hazey and Nick still squarely in play at this range.