Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've spent so much time concentrating on the precip to the southwest I haven't paid attention to up north. Whats up with the precip breaking out in central PA moving towards the SW?

instability light snow, but a great sign the movement of the echoes over the midwest and northern mid atl indicates the flow is really starting to back in. The radar signatures over the SE is also starting to back and take on a more northward movement. Everything is pivoting to the left right now as the upper energy diving in has phased. The next few hours are key to see how the CCB starts to orient itself and if the precip begins to back in. Between now and midnight is the key.

instability light snow, but a great sign the movement of the echoes over the midwest and northern mid atl indicates the flow is really starting to back in. The radar signatures over the SE is also starting to back and take on a more northward movement. Everything is pivoting to the left right now as the upper energy diving in has phased. The next few hours are key to see how the CCB starts to orient itself and if the precip begins to back in. Between now and midnight is the key.

yes, I was going to post on that myself and I see someone has already brought it up

look at the radar out of Charleston, WV

the snow showers are heading S/SE from northern WV and the synoptic snows are developing and moving NE

I can't say I recall ever seeing that before

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=rlx&loop=yes

yes, I was going to post on that myself and I see someone has already brought it up

look at the radar out of Charleston, WV

the snow showers are heading S/SE from northern WV and the synoptic snows are developing and moving NE

I can't say I recall ever seeing that before

http://radar.weather...id=rlx&loop=yes

I was thinking the same thing. I can't remember watching a coastal develop down south and precip to the N with that trajectory. We have a really dynamic and volitile setup going on. No wonder it caused model hell leading up to it. Timing has been such a critical part of the evolution. Subtle changes can cause large swings in the outcome. Just too much damn fun watching this unfold over the last week!

SREF goes absolutely berserk with the low tomorrow afternoon off the coast, actually back the low to the W for about 6 hours and tuck it in 50 miles east of ACY and bomb it down around 975. That is a smoothed mean, unreal.

I saw that and actually expected to see more qpf from it

we just might

if SREF's are right, the bust potential is for the qpf to come in higher than proged imho

I saw that and actually expected to see more qpf from it

we just might

if SREF's are right, the bust potential is for the qpf to come in higher than proged imho

There are a couple possable reasons for that. It might be indicating that this really wraps up tightly. ANother solution is that a few members erroneously have dispaced precip fields (like we often see from some of the SREF members) and throw off the mean. Either way with that track probably do good.

Archived