Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the one that sat over Frederick last Feb 6. We got 9.2" in 3hrs........ahhh memories. My buddy in Morristown, NJ said it is just about the worst storm he can remember...for what it's worth.

I really wish we had last years threads to look at... Im going to dig up my old utube vids that I took last year and watch them :( ...

I wonder if this is an unprecedented storm scenario for DC/Balt when you consider the snow totals up and down the east coast, including Raleigh, Atlanta, Norfolk, Philly, NYC, Boston. etc.. I can't remember every major city from GA to MA receiving measurable snow and DC getting shut out.. Pretty amazing screw job with the odds probably being incredibly low

<br />I wonder if this is an unprecedented storm scenario for DC/Balt when you consider the snow totals up and down the east coast, including Raleigh, Atlanta, Norfolk, Philly, NYC, Boston. etc.. I can't remember every major city from GA to MA receiving measurable snow and DC getting shut out.. Pretty amazing screw job with the odds probably being incredibly low<br />
<br /><br /><br />

A literal hook job----in this case the hook was a low blow.

MDstorm

Just think....if we can survive this screw job, we can survive anything. It doesn't really get worse than this. By tomorrow, it will all be over and we can get on to looking ahead.

MDstorm

That's the only way to come to terms with this. Me, personally...I'm looking forward to milder-than-normal temps for a few days and a relatively comfortable New Year's Eve/Day. Any of dusting we got today will be gone and we can think about possible snows then.

Well, I'm licking my wounds, My 1st instincts were right and then I got suckered by the GFS and eruo and nam shifting towards it before they all edged back east. I ended up with 1.25" here in northern Calvert.

Happens to the best of us in any line of work we have! And since we're all pretty much consoling each other in this thread, you're in the right place. :lol:

Archived