• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

Enjoy your snow. I will be sure to rub it in your face with the next storm when we triple your accum. By the way was your forecast map for my area for 6-8 inches or 6-8 flakes?

Dude, WTF? Completely uncalled for. This is the kind of trash that has turned this thread into something out of the NYC/Phil sub-forum. You wonder why I stopped posting my storm obs in here long ago.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop with the moronic la Nina talk. This was luck that we missed out..not la Nina. This could happen any year. Everyone to the south and NE of us will be way above normal snow when this storm is over.

I'm speaking of the future wx

you don't think the NINA won't be a player?

oh well, you might want to reconsider

Well, cars and ground/parking lot's are covered. I guess thats something. Fox Baltimore still going 2-4 inches. Apparently, they don't have windows...

Lol, just saw that too! 2-4" is too high. Last night we were forecasted to have snow falling after 3am today with heavy snow by mid-morning. It didn't start snowing here until 3PM!

12 hours off is a ****ing BLUNDER if you ask me. They should have never put up the winter storm warnings.

So yeah, we have a dusting in Baltimore now. yay?

Dude, WTF? Completely uncalled for. This is the kind of trash that has turned this thread into something out of the NYC/Phil sub-forum. You wonder why I stopped posting my storm obs in here long ago.

Can't that post just be deleted? Doesn't even warrant a response. Just deletion

You did read the post he was responding to didn't you? Dave wasn't necessarily being polite himself.

You did read the post he was responding to didn't you? Dave wasn't necessarily being polite himself.

Correct. I am staying out of it, but DT was rather short in response to one of my posts, and I was certainly not wishing ill on any other region's snow, just noting the frustration of a close miss in the midst of an observation. I would think that is an okay post and doesn't need to be trolled either. I am certainly not going to other people's threads and rooting against them.

Closing in on an inch at my house now. A ton of wind, and some decent snow for the last hour.

For those in the the DC/BWI area (like me) who are missing out on this storm, I suggest we take a deep breath and enjoy the warm-up towards New Year's Day. Then come back refreshed and invigorated, so that we can deal with the potential winter threats during the first 2 weeks of

January (per DT and LC). Of course, knowing what model to trust is going to be very difficult. The peaks and valleys with this one have been really extreme and the pay-off has obviously been disappointing. Hopefully, the next real threat will be a smoother ride with a nicer reward.

MDstorm

Reading the NYC/PHL obs thread is terrible depressing....

no, not at all...

SPECI KTEB 262326Z 36020G30KT 1/16SM R06/1200V1800FT +TSSN BLSN FZFG OVC001 M05/M07 A2943 RMK AO2 PK WND 35031/2258 TSB20 OCNL LTGICCC P0001 $

Pretty nice steady lightness out there....I guess it shows how powerful this stupid storm is to still be spitting back this way. Ruc actually has nailed the 700rh and says this continues for some time. It's cold enough that this will definitely cause some slick spots in the AM.......yeah.....slick spots. :(

I understand, and I apologize, but I was already told to "go back to my own thread" by Ji and another individual for simply posting my snow obs.

You should never worry about Ji....post what you want....hopefully you enjoyed the snow. I have to be down in Short Pump on Wednesday so hopefully some is left.

Pretty nice steady lightness out there....I guess it shows how powerful this stupid storm is to still be spitting back this way. Ruc actually has nailed the 700rh and says this continues for some time. It's cold enough that this will definitely cause some slick spots in the AM.......yeah.....slick spots. :(

this is the icing on the cake.. we just dont have any cake

Archived