Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest someguy

All of my previous busts as a snow nut were when I was growing up in Central Ohio in the 80s. The TN portion of my life in the 90s and 00s, you expected the busts.

This is more frustrating than any of those from my Ohio days. The worst are when the set-up should payoff and yet refuses to. Like this.

you guys had what 90" of snow last wintr and 2 12 to 24" snows 4 days apart?

I mean come on

why would anyone wnat to send the DC North va crowd any snow given what happened to the last year?

not me

You gave us snow, when you put DC in the 12 inch or more category on your forecast map i saw Unfortunately, mother nature didn't agree.

still pretty impressive here even though its mostly been light to occasionally moderate snow. very windy and lots of blowing snow......and i can imagine what it looks like over in central and southern DE....if i got in my jeep and drove due east 10 miles right now i would likely go from 2" to 8".

did i just hear they postponed the Philly-Viking game tonight? wow what wimps. the Vikings are already there and it isnt that bad out. you dont cancel NFL games because of snow. I remember a Broncos game years ago where they had a blizzard... well over a foot and they played it.

And philly may not reach 12 inches.

did i just hear they postponed the Philly-Viking game tonight? wow what wimps. the Vikings are already there and it isnt that bad out. you dont cancel NFL games because of snow. I remember a Broncos game years ago where they had a blizzard... well over a foot and they played it.

I think its because most people and philly dont deal with that sort of snow too often, and what happens if/when cars get snowed in at the stadium? Stuck. But i see what your saying, I'm sure the players dont mind playing in it at all.

Drying a little to the south of DC along the river, but the new returns crossing the upper bay and really beginning to rotate in. Nothing great, but nice to look at on a Sunday evening. Probably 1/2 inch here. Most with the last nice band. Was in it for nearly an hour. RUC gives us .1 west of the river and slighly more north and east.

This is a very frustrating bust, but to be honest, I don't expect anyone from Norfolk or Raleigh to feel sorry for us.

there was always high bust potential for this storm for the NVA and MD away from the coast....the places that the models were most consistently indicating heavy snow are getting it.

I think its because most people and philly dont deal with that sort of snow too often, and what happens if/when cars get snowed in at the stadium? Stuck. But i see what your saying, I'm sure the players dont mind playing in it at all.

I bet Philly sees less than 10"...this weird ass storm is really tight on the Western flank....light snow with miserable accumulation rates is what I call for the rest of the night for them.

yeah i was looking forward to watching the Michael Vick show in the snow

I bet Philly sees less than 10"...this weird ass storm is really tight on the Western flank....light snow with miserable accumulation rates is what I call for the rest of the night for them.

I think Philly will be fine, actually. They enjoyed the full brunt of 12/19 and 2/6 last winter, and they don't really have to pay the price in this storm.

you guys had what 90" of snow last wintr and 2 12 to 24" snows 4 days apart?

I mean come on

It is what it is. Of course last year was sublime. Never seen anything like it. It was my first year as a MA resident, and it was awesome. But obvisouly aytypical and way outside of our norms. Doesn't mean there isn't disappointment at not seeing some of this storm though. Especially with it so close. I would think you, living where you do, know from close misses and the disappointment that comes with them. That said, I am certainly not begruding anyone the snow they are getting out of this system. Good for all them. Except for Wiggum, I hope there is a dryslot over his house.

I think Philly will be fine, actually. They enjoyed the full brunt of 12/19 and 2/6 last winter, and they don't really have to pay the price in this storm.

I wasn't concerned if they were going to be fine or not I was speaking to the cancellation of the game tonight.....probably the right thing to do but it seems like it won't be as bad as first thought.

Archived