Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of March '09. I sat and watch that storm for days, then on Sunday, sat under constant virga all day long, only to get up the next morning with nothing, all the while watching basically a blizzard unfold in DC.

Everyone was talking about Nina's and temp outlooks, and I said months ago that I was more worried about a lack of precip than I was cold. Of course, it is early, the winter appears to be doing some strange things, so we still have alot to look forward to.

lol.........March 2009 was no blizzard, it was a typical 4-8" storm in DC.

That NWS radar has a pretty stinky looking dryslot on it.

the mass as a whole isnt doing amazingly but i still like the look for my backyard at least.. though 1-2" in this wind/powder is still going to look bare in places and such.

the mass as a whole isnt doing amazingly but i still like the look for my backyard at least.. though 1-2" in this wind/powder is still going to look bare in places and such.

2" is pushing it, but if the bands hokd up or reform, then someone might have a shot.

One good thing is that the back edge hasn't fizzled out in the last hour or so - it's even expanded a little bit. Might get to utilize my snow light.

The radar looks just like Feb 6th last year.....when it was almost over

Yeah, if 5 days ago, we saw the radar echoes we have now and we knew the track of the sfc low, we would have been expecting foot plus snows in the DC area. Weird storm this is. Upper trough not going neg really killed us.

Archived