• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

March 2001 was an east coast failure...this was a DC failure which makes it much worse. We might finish the winter with 5 inches of snow while Norfolk gets way above normal snow. this winter is an official disaster for DC

I think this has to rank up there as one of the top disasters. I really cannot think of another time, at least in the last 40 years that was sig snow south, east, North, and even a little west. 3/01 was everyone, 1/05- we at least got 3-4 inches, 12/30/00 nothing happended to our south or our immediate

East.

just goes to show that around here, save for last year, things have to be absolutely perfect, not just good, to get a real snow here.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude... check the radar, things will start filling in, we'll be in lgt-mod snow through this evening and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 2-3inches in town. Enjoy whatever we can get

it does look consistently better recently.. even some light activity popping up well west in nw va.. light, not sure it will continue but perhaps promising

it does look consistently better recently.. even some light activity popping up well west in nw va.. light, not sure it will continue but perhaps promising

yeah, I saw that too and thought it couldn't be bad

well, I think I can get 2", maybe 3" based on all the models

I will be happy with it and look forward for the warmup and a cold pattern reload mentioned by DT on his site

fwiw, CFS is coming in just below normal in JAN but, and maybe more importantly, quite above normal with precip

everyone enjoy what you get

How is this possibly a major letdown? We've know for over a week that the timing was absolutely critical and it probably wouldn't happen for us.

rationality? lol. still.. decent snow in most edges of any area is a bit of a downer if not a letdown.

We'll be good for 1 to 2 inches. Maybe

this batch should get us going if it holds for a bit. maybe i was wrong about the outer band.. would have expected the inner bands east of dc but just west of and into bay to take over but everything has tried to fill back to it.

Radar looks to be improoving and the new ruc actually looks better

I think we can definately still see 2-4 which Im happy with...

looking into the future though we are seeing a MUCH MUCH favorable pattern as the pna is forecast to go positive and ao/nao are negative..

First week and second week of january look awesome

Archived