Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trying to get another surge nw toward dc with the main body of precip.. i dont think that seperate 'band' is meaningful except for the lucky ones who get a little out there who might have otherwise gotten none

Flurries have been absent for a while here in Manassas but radar hints there may be a return. Temp now up to 30, DP at 21, RH down to 68% and Barometer now down to 29.68. The upside is that there won't be any nuisance associated with a melt in the next week. Some rationale, eh?

Flurries have been absent for a while here in Manassas but radar hints there may be a return. Temp now up to 30, DP at 21, RH down to 68% and Barometer now down to 29.68. The upside is that there won't be any nuisance associated with a melt in the next week. Some rationale, eh?

Heavy snow in Northern Delaware. Already an inch on the ground

too late to take the bus back to nyc? this is awful.

this is the first time i have ever run from a snowstorm.. im not that happy about it. knew i'd get less here but if i knew this i prob would have taken a late train back or something tomorrow.

this is the first time i have ever run from a snowstorm.. im not that happy about it. knew i'd get less here but if i knew this i prob would have taken a late train back or something tomorrow.

megabus has canceled all service between dc/phl/nyc so I'm guessing the others have too. this is seriously the most disappointing storm of my life, in front of even January '05.

:gun_bandana:

It does seem that somewhat light, steady snow, is trying to make it over to the beltway in PG County.. At this stage, if even the ground whitens up a bit, I will be happy. Curious, do people think this storm is going to live up to expectations in New York/Northern Jersey. The people in those boards had very high expectations last night. Many will consider anything less than a foot a major Bust there as well..

megabus has canceled all service between dc/phl/nyc so I'm guessing the others have too. this is seriously the most disappointing storm of my life, in front of even January '05.

This might be my biggest letdown I can remember... Most others involved at least a little snow.

I'd take January 2005 in a heartbeat over this fooking shyt. At least we got 6" with very heavy rates towards the (premature) end. This is probably worse than December 2000.

Yeah, I know NYC got completely shafted on Feb 6, but since then, they are getting TWO 20+ snowstorms while DC/Baltimore get virtually nothing.

March 2001 was an east coast failure...this was a DC failure which makes it much worse. We might finish the winter with 5 inches of snow while Norfolk gets way above normal snow. this winter is an official disaster for DC

We can mark this down as another Ji winter cancel :rolleyes:

Archived