Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't be so quick, the precip is drying up as it passes westward. dark blues are now light as soon as you said that.

it looks like the backedge dc area to ric area isnt doing as much now.. the low is definitely starting to exert itself. tough to say what happens.. could keep pushing east or stick around/expand etc. one issue is we're already getting into a w component to the wind.. once we start downsloping that hurts at least a bit.

At least my plane landed at bwi. Still not sure why they were cancelling all pm flights, but at least I made it. Guess we are all still weenie-ciding?

part of it is probably the other airports in the northeast and staging planes for getting back up to speed etc. but what i saw yesterday made me want to get back in here early just to be safe so could be that type of thought.

Too much information or too much data?

Im not sure I guess. Maybe data but the same data can produce different information. If this is truly a once a decade or even once every few yrs difficulty I guess it doesn't matter. I just wonder if the constant bombardment of new model runs and subsequent chatter is always as helpful as it seems.

For instance when this started the climo argument, which seems to have won, was big on some minds but I think it's safe to say most or all at least temporarily wavered off in the face of 'trends' etc. Not all are hard flip flops bit they are still flip flops in the end.

Near misses are probably exceptionally difficult tho and they do happen in several parts of the yr -- svr, hurricanes also -- so maybe it's not worth over-focusing on. It has been a wild ride tho.

Too much information or too much data?

The data and info have been fine; every model hasn't been horrid; the out to sea

scenario for the MA trumps the surprise 01/25/00 scenario on 29 out of 30 events.

But that 1 out of 30 lives in the weenie heart.

:thumbsup:

Last winter in the MA, "it just wanted to snow."

This winter, perhaps, "it just wants to tease".

We should all just chill and be happy with our 2 to 4 inches. Trust me i want snow as much if not more than any of you and i have spent probably 60 hours this week on this weather board. All the cancel storm and crying stuff really ruins it for people reading. Just enjoy the snow we get and pray the RAVENS win today and then i can deal with ONLY 2-4". Ok i am off my soapbox now :) .

We should all just chill and be happy with our 2 to 4 inches. Trust me i want snow as much if not more than any of you and i have spent probably 60 hours this week on this weather board. All the cancel storm and crying stuff really ruins it for people reading. Just enjoy the snow we get and pray the RAVENS win today and then i can deal with ONLY 2-4". Ok i am off my soapbox now :) .

Agree -- Ravens game is what really matters today. If I can look out the window between plays and see some snow, all the better. The upside is I won't have to shovel 4 cars out of drifting snow tomorrow.

This Afternoon Snow. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the upper 20s. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. » ZIP Code Detail nt_chancesnow.gif Tonight Snow. Little or no snow accumulation. Brisk with lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

:gun_bandana:

Archived