Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still trying to figure out how we got screwed on this one, all things considered

classic SLP track, cold air

upper air seemed to mess us up in the end

still, in a week its gonna be just under 50 in BOS and just over 50 here so at least we won't have to deal with the mud once it melts

CLIMO!!@!@!@!@!!!!!

But for real, I've been asking the same question, what caused se virginia to SNE to get dumped on, with a "snow hole" for the DC/Balt area.

First things that come to mind is no area of high pressure over the Canadian Maritimes, UL trough is neutral tilt instead of negative, etc...

This. The main reason why I never bought into this storm. The trough was positive way too far east for my liking. Frankly, I'm impressed that it is going to end up being as close as it is.

I'm still trying to figure out how we got screwed on this one, all things considered

classic SLP track, cold air

upper air seemed to mess us up in the end

still, in a week its gonna be just under 50 in BOS and just over 50 here so at least we won't have to deal with the mud once it melts

Well at least I'll be able to play a round of golf.

We drove up from VA to NJ yesterday instead of today to "avoid" traveling in any snow. Looks like in my backyard at home that we will just get a dusting yet here at my sister's we could end up with a foot or more. Just started to come down good in the last 20 minutes. It's amazing to look at the radar and see the western edge of the storm hugging 1-95.

dry air eating away at the western edge of the flurries/-sn

post-1615-0-75056000-1293380241.gif

having it this close has to be worse than a solid whiff

I know how this feels. on 1/25/2000 I was literally 5 miles from heavy snow, while we got intermittent flurries (the line was I-81). Literally, you crossed the interstate and within a minute or two it was whiteout.

Complete bust IMBY Manassas, Va 35 miles southwest of D.C. We just started to have flurries, but I am on the very edge of the precip and it is clear it is coming no farther west. South of here the shield is moving east, so my 2-4 inch forecast looks like it may not even materialize into a dusting.

Archived