• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

Nothing yet. The Boy cried wolf before the wolf was even born!

I meant to get DC/Balt into the super heavy stuff that NYC/SNE is likely to see? I feel like in the past we've always been worried more about the R/S line than actually getting precip. Lately its either been snow or no snow. What ultimately caused the heavy stuff to stay east?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are now cancelling flights into dca. I think I am ****ed coming out of nashville now to bwi for a 12:15 pm arrival. I am guessing from all this they expect it to snow, guys.

They cancel flights for 1" of snow around here.. Why I left at the crack of dawn

I notice the NWS discussion this morning identify the SFC Low deeper and farther west than models indicated... they hedged bets back 12 hrs on forecast, but I am sticking with that closer track and this map. It is make or break time. Anyone who sees the WV, tell me if that trough is not undercutting this thing. What is the Euro from last week verifies????

Here were my thoughts yesterday as the models backed off...

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/weather/weather_blogs/nowcasting-the-christmas-storm-developmentpost-1859-0-96568400-1293376214.jpg

I meant to get DC/Balt into the super heavy stuff that NYC/SNE is likely to see? I feel like in the past we've always been worried more about the R/S line than actually getting precip. Lately its either been snow or no snow. What ultimately caused the heavy stuff to stay east?

We won't get the heavy stuff like NYC/SNE is going to get. It's climo. People need to stop crying, especially considering what we had last year.

Everyone...

It's 3-6"+ !!! Look at climo for December! Look at climo for the year! Now put it in La Nina! Count your lucky stars that DCA and the surrounding area is looking at a storm that is climatologically above average.

I notice the NWS discussion this morning identify the SFC Low deeper and farther west than models indicated... they hedged bets back 12 hrs on forecast, but I am sticking with that closer track and this map. It is make or break time. Anyone who sees the WV, tell me if that trough is not undercutting this thing. What is the Euro from last week verifies????

Here were my thoughts yesterday as the models backed off...

http://www.abc2news....orm-developmentpost-1859-0-96568400-1293376214.jpg

:(

They're being crazy cautious, that's for sure. My wife vetoed going out on the 6 am fligth ian. I should have fought harder for earlier. Pilot says he thinks we can make it w/out diverting to pittsburgh. Hope he's right. Whole thing amazes me, as not snowing yet.

6a flights are horrible.. Can't blame her!

Back from the Jebwalk (is it really a Jebwalk if you're in downtown Rockville?) I think I saw two flurries the whole time, but it may have been my imagination. Wind seemed to be blowing steadily from the N-NW with a few decent gusts, especially when I got up on hills. My thermometer says its 27.7 in my back yard.

What's going to be more frustrating to watch today, the weenie radar/models or the Skins? Both seem equally apt to let me down at this point ;)

Archived