Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Filling in some, near ROA. It's definitely gonna snow I95, DCA and NE. The question is does it even get back up towards Leesburg, Warrenton, I81. I don't like the progression. It has not made it into Fredericksburg and it's been trying for 3 hours. Orientation of echo's certainly changed.

Again, STFU. You are acting like a complete weenie-ass right now. Take your crying somewhere else. You saw a crap-ton of snow last year while I sat down here and watched.

You were still way above normal tho no?

2.3 inches out here in Forest. Looks to be done, other then some flurries that fringe me. Danville did better with 4 inches.

Just remember that RDU is getting good snows now with great ratios, (Saw a 5 inches w/e of .29)

So, its not as bleak as some make it.

If RDU gets more snow than us it is super bleak

Filling in some, near ROA. It's definitely gonna snow I95, DCA and NE. The question is does it even get back up towards Leesburg, Warrenton, I81. I don't like the progression. It has not made it into Fredericksburg and it's been trying for 3 hours. Orientation of echo's certainly changed.

Man I lost realistic hope awhile ago but I still like to hang onto my weenie......hope. Radar looks ok for some snow but you can see it is hitting a wall around just south of DC my guess all of the good echoes just stay where they currently are then as the low passes on by everything gets pulled NE with it. Bleh but what can you do....and no I'm not happy about it and I would like to rant more but all that will do is mess up this thread. I hope some snow falls and I hope this thing buries some and of course I hope some suffer some last minute mother nature FU and perhaps dryslots or rains. But I doubt that will happen so I guess I hope they enjoy their feet of snow.

I'm done posting about this storm now...I'm just going to read and try and take out the 10 tons of trash yesterday created.

You all need some patience...

In the meantime, there's always reporting Ji's posts to keep me occupied.

This system's not supposed to be dropping the big stuff in D.C. until mid-afternoon. Go take a nap, watch some TV, eat lunch and come back :D

DCA officially below freezing... winds picking up from the north... SLP dropping slowly but surely... at 1010.3 mb now.

this storm has eclipsed March 2001 as my biggest weather dissapointment ever

Why? Based on the model flip-flops, this was always a very questionable event. Not to mention, it's also a La Nina year, something you should keep in the back of your mind if we get any other threats to track this winter. Anyway, the pattern looks to start getting warmer next week, so you'll be able to take at least a few weeks off from model tracking, and do other things with your time.

or those who are crying take a look at the 06Z NAM 6 hour radar estimate.

nam_ref_006m.gif

it has zilch in areas that are currently seeing mod. banding. for a 6 hour forecast thats pretty abysmal... I'm also waiting to see if at 10-11 am said moderate band disipates as per the RUC. overall, even the short range models are doing awful with this storm. Just look at a WV loop... its slowing drastically and getting captured. is this going to save us here? time will tell... but needless to say its nowcasting time. I haven't seriously looked at a model since 12Z yesterday

Archived