Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this one time the snow was on our doorstep and everyone was still watching the models instead of the radar...

STORM MODE: NOWCASTING

Models be damned.

For me what I want to see on radar is some nice greens at least around Farmville and C-ville and moving North. If I can get that then I think back here can get some snow. Wakefield radar sort of shows that right now but not moving north still a little too much NE for my liking. DC east is not looking too shabby right now based on radar.

Thought you all might like an airport update. Flying out of nashville this morning hoping to be on a 9:15 cst flight to bwi. At the gate, my flight supposed to be okay but 12:30 pm flight to bwi already cancelled, as are flights to LGA, philly and one to raleigh durham which just got cancelled. The scheduled dca flights through mid-morning still a go at this time, don't see any info on early pm flights. Don't know what to read into the early afternoon. Nwi cancel other than they must have a good idea that the storm in some fashion is coming.

As disappointed as many of you seem to be, just compare yourself to me. When this is over, it is likely that the only place in Virginia without measureable snow on the ground will be the northern half of the Shenandoah Valley. Unless you want to count scrap snow leftover from 10 days ago. So, if you get snow, realize it could be worse.

Sheesh...that's not even light snow back here...I expect to see the sun shinning in few hours based on that. Oh well...Christmas was good and that's what counts....i suppose.

actually. It sucked. When you spend a week tracking a storm and you get flurries...it sucks. Worst Christmas ever

Archived