• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

Seems to me slow should be good.. More time for the low to develop and trough to turn. I'm kinda limited by iPhone viewing for now tho. I would like the bands a bit more west but others should develop. 850s are good .. Kinda marginal still at the sfc but that should resolve with precip.

no, I agree that slower is good

as the storm moves up the coast, the precip shield is pivoting to the NW

one would think the slower the storm moves north the better the chance for the area of precip to get further west since it has more time to pivot

we'll see

mother nature is surely making us work for this one

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would think slow would bre good, Shows its intensifying and not going to fast. This should be a good snowfall for cent md and I-95. Just waiting for it to start>

The very best solutions were all a bit later here.. Euro Blizz didn't happen till evening/night

The RUC is gut-wrenching for the weenies. It'll look like its going to shut off before the storm really ramps up, slows to stops the 700 low, and keeps us in the wraparound for a while longer. That looks like the best case scenario for us. The NMM and ARW show something similar, but with the slowdown occurring further north. We have to hope for the RUC description at this point.

post-1746-0-30303800-1293369588.gif

ah we get what we get. That looks good to me but I,m no met. Not going to worry about it.

The very best solutions were all a bit later here.. Euro Blizz didn't happen till evening/night

I was surprised at how far south the moisture still was this morning when I woke up. I honestly expected to see a huge slug off to the east moving due north by now. Weenie hope especially for back here but I would imagine this is a positive and any positive at this point is a good thing.

Just because you doesn't have the heavy heavy banding doesn't mean you can't get a 4-8/6-10 inch snow. The areas where those mesoscale bands are to set up are looking at over a ft easy.

Sure anything is possible, but. good luck getting anywhere near 8-10 for I-95 or west with a fast moving low tracking a couple hundred miles east of the coast.

Archived