Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. I can see the band of clouds east from my bedroom window rush by.

It's a hugh bust all around for every single person involved.

I think we will still get snow but the whole process has been agonizing. I really need a different hobby..

NORAD has to turn off their Santa tracker so they can concentrate their efforts on the approaching bomb just off the Coast. DT has informed them of a CODE OMEGA and warned of the imminent danger to major cities as the terror alert is raised to orange and we go into DEFCON 2.

This just in... 2 minutes to midnight!

/weeniepost

It's gonna snow soon. Plow trucks are idling all over the place. Systems are GO!

I just saw an explanation, and the low is closer to the coast . Heavy banding is expected in the I-95 corridor. I wouldn't expect a foot , but maybey 6-10 is inorder. Tasselmeyer in balto said beginning would be 4, he has already been wrong, although they said last night it would be greater amts a storm was expected to track closer to coast. Enjoy what we get. Happy holidays to everyone. It;s our first snow fall. Enjoy it. Thank goodness this is not my only hobby.!!!

You know what sucks is that I drove 9 hours to come home for the holidays and hoping to get snow and just got off of the phone with my g'f down at the beach and she said it's snowing pretty good there right now . I think my daughter may be right I'm a human snow repellant ... Here's to hoping I see some whitestuff while home ....

Man what's up with the SREF...maybe I am reading that wrong but it doesn't look terrible even for here

9z? Not on NCEP yet...

I could see overperform still. Radar not bad.. Still need some work but things are slower etc which makes me think we will do beter than recent op runs

You know what sucks is that I drove 9 hours to come home for the holidays and hoping to get snow and just got off of the phone with my g'f down at the beach and she said it's snowing pretty good there right now . I think my daughter may be right I'm a human snow repellant ... Here's to hoping I see some whitestuff while home ....

I dont know what yoour complaining about. It was never supposed to start till around 10:00 am this morning. That was established yersterday. Your going to get snow, just be patient. If you dont like it here, go back down to your g'f house and get snow all the way down.

I just saw an explanation, and the low is closer to the coast . Heavy banding is expected in the I-95 corridor. I wouldn't expect a foot , but maybey 6-10 is inorder. Tasselmeyer in balto said beginning would be 4, he has already been wrong, although they said last night it would be greater amts a storm was expected to track closer to coast. Enjoy what we get. Happy holidays to everyone. It;s our first snow fall. Enjoy it. Thank goodness this is not my only hobby.!!!

huh? where did you see that.....if you read the mesoscale discussion for heavy snow and look at the graphic, the potential for 1 inch per hour bands is displaced well east of I-95 and confined to areas close to the coast. Sure there could be some occasional bands of "heavier" snow further west, but the consistent banding that will produce the 10" amounts are from Delaware up through NJ.

9z? Not on NCEP yet...

I could see overperform still. Radar not bad.. Still need some work but things are slower etc which makes me think we will do beter than recent op runs

the RUC radar signature has me encouraged because it keeps us in the .01+ band through 18 hrs

during 2/10/10, we were getting 1/4 vis with .04-.06 qpf per hour due to similar 850 temps as what we have now

and yes, the slow progress is painful

I'll tell you what though, that pivoting band on the radar is the closest radar signature I've seen since 1/25/00, just not as healthy as back then

the RUC radar signature has me encouraged because it keeps us in the .01+ band through 18 hrs

during 2/10/10, we were getting 1/4 vis with .04-.06 qpf per hour due to similar 850 temps as what we have now

I'll tell you what though, that pivoting band on the radar is the closest radar signature I've seen since 1/25/00, just not as healthy as back then

good ob. mitchnick. Keep the positives here. happy holidays to you sir.

good ob. mitchnick. Keep the positives here. happy holidays to you sir.

look at the radar on this write-up for the 1/25/00 storm

scroll down the page a little bit to get it

tell me if that doesn't look like today's, with today's just not quite as healthy

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nwsfo/storage/cases/20000125/

today's radar

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

I dont know what yoour complaining about. It was never supposed to start till around 10:00 am this morning. That was established yersterday. Your going to get snow, just be patient. If you dont like it here, go back down to your g'f house and get snow all the way down.

Hey you little puke first off no one is complaining I did 40 some years up here and seen and plowed storms that would make your head spin . My comment was light hearted and in good fun . But perhaps if you feel the need you can drive your ass up here to Gamber and help me pack !!! So my advice to you is STFU , I've been on this board or eastern whatever there two in the same for some time now and talk to many people and never have had such a childish comment left in response to anything i have posted

look at the radar on this write-up for the 1/25/00 storm

scroll down the page a little bit to get it

tell me if that doesn't look like today's, with today's just not quite as healthy

http://www4.ncsu.edu...cases/20000125/

today's radar

http://radar.weather...s/full_loop.php

thanks and good work. I follow you .

Seems to me slow should be good.. More time for the low to develop and trough to turn. I'm kinda limited by iPhone viewing for now tho. I would like the bands a bit more west but others should develop. 850s are good .. Kinda marginal still at the sfc but that should resolve with precip.

huh? where did you see that.....if you read the mesoscale discussion for heavy snow and look at the graphic, the potential for 1 inch per hour bands is displaced well east of I-95 and confined to areas close to the coast. Sure there could be some occasional bands of "heavier" snow further west, but the consistent banding that will produce the 10" amounts are from Delaware up through NJ.

Just because you doesn't have the heavy heavy banding doesn't mean you can't get a 4-8/6-10 inch snow. The areas where those mesoscale bands are to set up are looking at over a ft easy.

Seems to me slow should be good.. More time for the low to develop and trough to turn. I'm kinda limited by iPhone viewing for now tho. I would like the bands a bit more west but others should develop. 850s are good .. Kinda marginal still at the sfc but that should resolve with precip.

i would think slow would bre good, Shows its intensifying and not going to fast. This should be a good snowfall for cent md and I-95. Just waiting for it to start>

The RUC is gut-wrenching for the weenies. It'll look like its going to shut off before the storm really ramps up, slows to stops the 700 low, and keeps us in the wraparound for a while longer. That looks like the best case scenario for us. The NMM and ARW show something similar, but with the slowdown occurring further north. We have to hope for the RUC description at this point.

post-1746-0-30303800-1293369588.gif

Archived