Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=jax&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=224&map.y=145

Down to 1002.9(lowest I could find). South wind suggest the low still hasent passed the reporting station.

Radar showing precip really starting to explode north into NC.

SREF's show low stalling close to MD coast may not be too far off, seems as if the low is bombing out faster. The faster it bombs, the farther west it goes and faster it will occlude.

-Nor

gfs had the low ~60 miles NE at 1am so yea deeper faster and low movement is slower

gfs_ten_006m.gif

hell even the ruc is too fast and too weak

time sensitive

ruc_p01_002s.gif

Why aren't more people in northern Virginia talking about their snow? It's been snowing steadily here for close to an hour and a half. Very pretty and sparkly!

I'm in Herndon at work and have not seen a flake. Precip to the southwest looks to be falling apart. My guess is that here I will not start to see snow until closer to daybreak.

Frankly, at this stage, I have accepted defeat for DC. But I am still rooting for New York. After all the ups and downs this week, I at least hope I stayed up 5 nights in a row for a storm that may be memorable, even if not for me. And what better way for a storm to be remembered than this actually happening in Manhattan and New York (if you didn't already see on NY/NY board). I cant recall such a direct warning from a weather service office to the "media" at close to midnight before.

MEDIA...PLEASE RELAY THE WIND IMPACTS WITH THIS STORM - RESIDENTS

SHOULD SECURE THE HOLIDAY DECORATIONS AND OTHER LOOSE

OBJECTS....ETC. THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER SNOW STORM.

And yet they will find a way to record 1-2" from this period of snowfall arrowheadsmiley.png

Actually, that comes from one of the tower observers....so if it's showing here, it's what they really are measuring there on the property. So, airport should report at least 2.5 to 3.4" so far whichever rounds up to 3 inches. CLIRIC will be released around 3:30am.

Actually, that comes from one of the tower observers....so if it's showing here, it's what they really are measuring there on the property. So, airport should report at least 2.5 to 3.4" so far whichever rounds up to 3 inches. CLIRIC will be released around 3:30am.

with hardly no wind today measuring should have not been a problem, tomorrow however could be a different story

We're cooked. Let's face it. Bomb too late for us. Maybe NE of B'More is ok. But trends, radar, models, look bleak. Dont buy the RUC after 8 hrs. But, this is all we have, plus the Cras :thumbsdown:

It's already bombing faster than the models have predicted. 0Z NAM and GFS were both too weak. They showed 1004mb at 1AM ET, the nearest buoy was at 1002mb and dropping rapidly.

Archived