• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

Lmao Kevin, my iPad corrects it to y'all so that's gotta be correct. I will go weller on yo @ss, it's a contraction of you and all, hence, y'all!

Apple is from California. Hence: Yankee. You live in New York City now. You have no say on what the proper spelling of ya'll is and you shouldn't even be using it. Besides, what you really meant to use was "all ya'll" as you were referring to more than one person. Everyone from the deep south knows ya'll is singular and "all ya'll" are plural.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea you guys will be fine. Fozz needs to take a timeout.

This happens every storm. We average around 20" the entire season, yet people seem entitled to multiple 6-12" storms every winter. Last season was a major aberration...the odds of seeing that again in our lifetime are almost nil.

Haha well I'm from VA so all y'all is like when you're talking to a big group of people you are actually with. Y'all is more the general you plural, while you is the singular. That's how mrs Maynard taught us Latin (in case y'all were wondering, Kevin and I went to the same HS)

Now see, there's where you should DEFINITELY use all ya'll... as in "in case all ya'll were wondering"....

Okay, back on topic now...

Has anybody mentioned that 0z initialized with a 1012 MB LP when the actual pressure is 1006 already in Florida?

I mentioned it in the 00z model thread. I went back and looked at the forecasted strength at Cross City, FL from today's 12Z GFS. It was predicting 1008mb and currently they're showing 1004.6, and they appear to be still falling and south of the center of SLP (west wind).

Archived