Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only gotten 2 inches from this so far--and literally since 5 am had snow falling every hour. When the coastal gets cranking, it literally RIPS all the moisture out of the VA west of 95... (Best depicted on the NAM) This happens some times, but not all times.

You are going to kill me for this, but over the years I have come to view reports that you are getting screwed as great news for my backyard. Same with weathervswife. It is just one of those climo things. It seems like when you get dry-slotted or pingers that means the storm is wrapping up south of me or going more north than progged. I'm sure PA posters do the same to me.

You are going to kill me for this, but over the years I have come to view reports that you are getting screwed as great news for my backyard. Same with weathervswife. It is just one of those climo things. It seems like when you get dry-slotted or pingers that means the storm is wrapping up south of me or going more north than progged. I'm sure PA posters do the same to me.

We've not really gotten screwed..the BEST GFS ENS Mean put the .75 line at my doorstep. Most moved back and had between .25 and 5 since then. 2-4 was my call and looks like we get high side in that amount. When the coastal cranks up, it pulls all the RH towards the low and dries my region out--at that point you guys need the CCB-- or bust.

Heaviest snow of the event RIGHT NOW!!!! It would be a joke if it weren't true. :P

Not surprising..........I thought 6-10" was too much, and was based on the outdated runs that gave BWI a foot.

The consensus earlier today was that BWI received between .5 and .75, which would easily give 6-10 with good ratios. The areas that might need any adjustment are to the west. If the GFS holds to its earlier runs, I see no reason to bail.

This is the sort of storm LWX normally busts badly on. It would be typical for them to go too big, cut way back to WWAs, and then be caught flat-footed (e.g., calling for 3 inches with 5 already down) tomorrow.

True.. But I still remember last year leading up to Feb. 10 when LWX came out of the box, like only a few hours after Feb. 6 ended, stating 10 to 20 inches from DC to Baltimore. Everyone thought they were crazy, but they stuck to their guns for like 2 to 3 days in a row -- even after that dismal night of radar/sleet watching the night before. They ended up nailing it.

True.. But I still remember last year leading up to Feb. 10 when LWX came out of the box, like only a few hours after Feb. 6 ended, stating 10 to 20 inches from DC to Baltimore. Everyone thought they were crazy, but they stuck to their guns for like 2 to 3 days in a row -- even after that dismal night of radar/sleet watching the night before. They ended up nailing it.

I wouldn't know lol...I was sitting in a powerless 38 degree house with a dying cell phone.

Archived