Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2mb weaker a few ticks NNE from the 12z at the same time. This is notable because it's considerably weaker when you consider N/S position points. It was winding up like a horse at 12z as it gained North, so not only did it sneak a little east of north but it came in weaker which should mean it's east as Will said.

The trend makes sense.

And ultimately mitigates our dryslotting issues somewhat and any ptype concerns.

I noticed that. To the same exact pixel. lol

What does it tell you when the 3 models that were singled out as having some type of "issue" continue to bounce all over, faster, slower, east, west, north, south and the few that wandered west without mention can be on the same pixel 12 hours later?

If the three amigos ended up being too far west and we are closer to the RGEM track the post-mortem on what happened the last few days will be interesting. What nobody really seems to be able to explain is how much continuity is there run to run. I'm told errors SHOULD dampen out the next major run with new RAOBs but I do not think they are absolutely absolved.

I never really look at that model at all.... is it worth it?

I like to look at it to see if it agrees with the NAM...usually when they agree, they are a decent combo. But this storm has been wreaking havoc on the models. So its very hard to know which models to trust.

Andy--are you bullish on west? Seems like a lot of folks are seeing east. I just got in from 8 hours away, so tough to keep up.

This has become a free-for-all...and the mind will see what it wants. Those out east want to see east, those of us in the west want to see west....

Its every man for himself now, lol.

I just feel the quicker this bombs and the deeper it bombs and wraps up, it will pull 'er closer to the coast. Weaker is definitely going east.

What does it tell you when the 3 models that were singled out as having some type of "issue" continue to bounce all over, faster, slower, east, west, north, south and the few that wandered west without mention can be on the same pixel 12 hours later?

If the three amigos ended up being too far west and we are closer to the RGEM track the post-mortem on what happened the last few days will be interesting. What nobody really seems to be able to explain is how much continuity is there run to run. I'm told errors SHOULD dampen out the next major run with new RAOBs but I do not think they are absolutely absolved.

You mean not until the 12z runs?

Just back from a day of Christmas festivities. This whole turn of events is eerily similar to the April Fools Blizzard in that everyone went off to their holiday plans with some idea of some sort of storm, but not really thinking much of it. All of a sudden, the holiday ends and BAM! I think people were just realizing what this is potentially going to be early this evening.

This ought to be fun...first storm living in actual metro Boston.

Jerry - I wonder which side of the Charles will win the snow race! I'd have to think we end up somewhere in the 12-14" range.

This has become a free-for-all...and the mind will see what it wants. Those out east want to see east, those of us in the west want to see west....

Its every man for himself now, lol.

I just feel the quicker this bombs and the deeper it bombs and wraps up, it will pull 'er closer to the coast. Weaker is definitely going east.

Lol. In that case, I put myself in the west camp. But, fun times for all it look slike.

Just back from a day of Christmas festivities. This whole turn of events is eerily similar to the April Fools Blizzard in that everyone went off to their holiday plans with some idea of some sort of storm, but not really thinking much of it. All of a sudden, the holiday ends and BAM! I think people were just realizing what this is potentially going to be early this evening.

Jerry - I wonder which side of the Charles will win the snow race! I'd have to think we end up somewhere in the 12-14" range.

Potentially much more. I'd peg BOS at 16-18" right now.

Hi Jason...hope you had a nice Christmas. I think 12-14 should be not too hard to attain with this system believe it or not. But I wouldn't forecast more at this point either.

Archived