Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the higher resolution Nam and the storm this close to starting, I'd say this is looking like a good one for the heart of our viewing area. The GFS should come in with a larger area of precip hopfully simliar but it usually takes away a half an inch worth or so of precipital water values. So, we'll see how it pans out. Good luck.:snowman:

Is the new haven area of connecticut still looking good for a foot+ of snow?:snowman:

There's an increasing level of elitism from the regulars and pros who dominate this site who feel they're above answering these very easy and very basic questions.

Yes, in New Haven you're in a good spot. Despite being right smack on the Sound you're far enough west you don't have to worry about rain. You're golden for 10-15.

Jerry - when do they decide to close the city down?

I actually don't know. I would think there would be a huge statewide announcement. Living in Brookline and while working in part of Boston but for the feds, the city closure rules don't effect me. I suspect that it will be VERY difficult to move around so even with the best intentions, it might take so much time to get in it's not worth the risk to life and limb.

RGEM looks pretty far E at 24h.

Weaker and that elongated thing the AFD was talking about is showing up. I don't think the low is really any further east just faster.

---

To the poster that said the Euro failed. When someone does the post-op on this the Euro at 500mb may have been close to the best. That's not me being a dick, it's the truth. That's why I always question the verification stuff just like the pro did on the other page two nights ago. It probably did technically do better at 500, but the manifestation at the surface sucked.

I think it's similar to 18Z....maybe a tad east...hard to line up because we don't get the same hours.

2mb weaker a few ticks NNE from the 12z at the same time. This is notable because it's considerably weaker when you consider N/S position points. It was winding up like a horse at 12z as it gained North, so not only did it sneak a little east of north but it came in weaker which should mean it's east as Will said.

The trend makes sense.

Archived