• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

The models have all hinted at a mesoscale band Jerry. This may be the difference between 12 and 22". LOL, where will it be?

1015am flight out of Logan Monday....I put the chances of that going within 6 hours of departure time at 10%.

48 hour snow tool shows 18-24 for me. I can live with that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM has us snowing decently most of the day.

What are the chances the city actually closes down? I have month-end close this week and missing a day would be awful from a work perspective. Don't get me wrong..I am pumped about the storm, but also have work concerns...

What are the chances the city actually closes down? I have month-end close this week and missing a day would be awful from a work perspective. Don't get me wrong..I am pumped about the storm, but also have work concerns...

I would say there's a good chance you work from home. You're in Danvers right? Danvers imho should get absolutely pummeled.

10% seems awfully optimistic.

Probably the next day. When my daughter asked my wife "why can't I go with Daddy?". Her reply: "You'd miss the funeral and who knows when you'd make it in to see your cousins...." All with a wink. And THANK GOODNESS for the dog ....can't leave the dog on her own and who is around Xmas day? I love this animal!

you always have to allow for areas where deformation bands set up to receive amounts a little higher. It's just hard to predict where they'll be. Honestly, I'd call for 7-14" here with "higher amounts possible" if I had to broadcast to the public.

what's this business about worse western QPF shield for the NAM? I really don;t have the capacity to look at the moment

It ended up being identical to 18z for you and I.

I still think during its bombing phas a pull NW is still quite likely along with some slowing and/or a loop SE of MTP (Montauk followed by a track just NW of the BM

Don't know if this is what you're looking for but anyway this is our first call:

Thanks Wx4cast. I live a little farther south than this map since I am in extreme southern Litchfield county but I am guessing I'd still be in the 10-15" range. Not bad for a first call.

Archived