Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why are you saying 2'?

you always have to allow for areas where deformation bands set up to receive amounts a little higher. It's just hard to predict where they'll be. Honestly, I'd call for 7-14" here with "higher amounts possible" if I had to broadcast to the public.

what's this business about worse western QPF shield for the NAM? I really don;t have the capacity to look at the moment

My only concern was if we continued to see a track towards BID. I throw out the GFS temps in late Dec knowing its bias. 32 temps near BED with north winds??? OK..lol. I agree with your statement last night....BOS would try to be left of 050 most of the itme which is great. My only concern is if precip lightens up and we are like 33F, but this is something that can change easily...not going to worry right now.

I still think during its bombing phas a pull NW is still quite likely along with some slowing and/or a loop SE of MTP (Montauk followed by a track just NW of the BM

Do they have a total snowfall map?

Don't know if this is what you're looking for but anyway this is our first call:

Runs the low over ACK occluded and crashes all levels....still with hvy snow in most areas with what appears to be a hellaceous band in eastern MA.

We're just coming off astronomically high tides. Tides will still be above normal for a few days, so It'll be interesting to see what happens here in Marblehead come Monday afternoon. 2 feet of snow with 18 to 25 foot seas will make this a winter wonderland! Have the cameras ready! Will post videos!

Archived