Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at it, the better I feel for ptype for BOS. Jerry looks great, even the hot Dot...lol.

I think I mentioned it last night, but BOS got all the way up to 34F during the blizzard of '78...and they were near freezing for hours in that storm. Many of the great ones have warmed up during the height of it, but doesn't have to mean a change to rain. Just a wetter snow for a while.

In this case you have to remember that no stores were open today and if people don't get out tomorrow early there are looking at Tuesday possibly (maybe late Monday if it gets out of here fast enough). So I am sure anyone low on food will be rushing out to get stuff in this case.

Seriously I am hitting the store at 7AM to get a few things, and yes, one of them is milk

I'm more worried about getting gas for the snowblower

I think I mentioned it last night, but BOS got all the way up to 34F during the blizzard of '78...and they were near freezing for hours in that storm. Many of the great ones have warmed up during the height of it, but doesn't have to mean a change to rain. Just a wetter snow for a while.

My only concern was if we continued to see a track towards BID. I throw out the GFS temps in late Dec knowing its bias. 32 temps near BED with north winds??? OK..lol. I agree with your statement last night....BOS would try to be left of 050 most of the itme which is great. My only concern is if precip lightens up and we are like 33F, but this is something that can change easily...not going to worry right now.

The waves propagates and dampens as it expands outward...so you get alternating areas of rising and then sinking air. I'm not an expert on sniffing them out either, but I'm not a huge fan of them. I always feel like they turn the steady heavy precip bands more showery in nature. Maybe I've just had bad experiences with them. :)

The most ferocious GV's propagate at the end of the most intense prcip so it does seem to shut off precip but in fact it's just a grand finale. More common ones enhance precip but are not the ones I fetish. The one I am enamored with take a heavy 1 per hour with 30 sustained and turn it into a 5 per hour with 70 plus winds, that wave can last for up to two hours, now that's what I'm talking about, was in Maine in 01 for a seven per hour 65 mph two hour insane GV.

Archived