Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SREFs don't bring the storm as far north (21Z) and keep it colder per mean. More and more I'm convinced I don't see anything but varying forms of snow.

Yeah I've skeptical of any mixing issues at BOS for the whole time...I mean, I guess I could see logan right on the water having brief issues for just a couple hours at the height of it, but even there I doubt it.

Where you are should be golden. Probably worst case scenario is you creep up to a wet snow at 31-33F for a few hours before it crashes back.

Going to my parents tomorrow is going to freaking ruin my fun of hanging out in the storm at home.

Bah Humbug Christmas.

:thumbsdown:

I will come back to 18inches of snow, and what was plowed into my driveway from the road, and not be able to get up my driveway.

I grew up in Brooklyn, and remember a lot of p-type issues when storms get really wound up. Doesn't look likely for this one though. How long is the drive to the 'rents?

Read BOX's discussion and only spoke of rain issues on the Cape and Islands, should I be safe from any p-type issues? I wish I could be all snow but I also know where I am that if winds are strong enough to bring in warmth I sometimes mix.

I think we will mix all the way up to maybe Hingham. From NECN it looks like we mix in the middle of the storm and then flip back. Not the biggest deal when you see 8+ with mixing issues. Gonna be a great storm to watch. Then again NECN has changed the time frame of the strom three times in the last four hours.

I dont think they are focusing that far west given their viewer audience. If they were really trying to forecast for out there, I'm sure they'd have you in the heavier stuff.

I know, it's just misleading to people who live in that forecast area who may have relatives in Western NE who may say "youre only gettin 4-8" to relatives when they're really going to get over a foot. I would personally just put "Out of Forecast Area" on that part of the map if you're just going to neglect that area"

I think we will mix all the way up to maybe Hingham. From NECN it looks like we mix in the middle of the storm and then flip back. Not the biggest deal when you see 8+ with mixing issues. Gonna be a great storm to watch. Then again NECN has changed the time frame of the strom three times in the last four hours.

Immediate coast maybe, but inland 10-15 miles will be a different story. I personally think everyone north of Plymouth will be just fine.

Yeah I would have just kept it blank personally if I didn't want to forecast there...but its not my map.

It's a simplistic map sufficiently dummed down for their viewing audience to be sure but really does a disservice to the public. " Don't worry honey, we can head to Grandma's in the Berkshires, look the map says their only getting a few inches in the western part of the state."lol

Do you think people will be flooding the stores tomorrow or is that a thing of the past?

In this case you have to remember that no stores were open today and if people don't get out tomorrow early there are looking at Tuesday possibly (maybe late Monday if it gets out of here fast enough). So I am sure anyone low on food will be rushing out to get stuff in this case.

I feel your pain. I'm in Newport. BOX is calling for 8-14 down here but I'm not buying it. I've seen this movie play out way too many times, including December 2003. The ABC affiliate in PVD is calling for 3-6 down here and this is more reasonable. At the outset I'll stay snow a little longer than you, but on the back end when it turns colder following the dryslot you'll get some accumulating snow but I'll be too far west to get much in the way of serious additional accumulation. Hopefully the track sinks southward a little bit. This relentless NW track has been agonizing. PD II in 2003 did a good job keeping the cold air locked in for extreme Southeast Coastal areas. Maybe this one will too. But keep in mind most of the posters on this site will be getting hammered while we're one of the only ones in the NE quadrant of the country getting dumped on with heavy rain with temperatures rising into the upper 30s. Any of the pros care to give a forecast for the extreme South Coast from Newport on east? We're outnumbered in this thread because there are so few of us.

My mom, brother, and uncle are in Jamestown... I think 4-8" there

Wind will be the issue for them

Archived