Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will what are you're thoughts?... do you think we tick this thing back east a bit in the next 24 hours?

It could tick E 25 or 30 miles....but its not going to matter for 90% of the region...its a blizzard one way or the other. The Cape and extreme SE MA/SE RI could benefit with more snow if it goes slightly SE.

Will what are you're thoughts?... do you think we tick this thing back east a bit in the next 24 hours?

We don't want that.... haha, tick west baby, tick west.

I'm down near ALB for this one and the recent model guidance has me a lot more excited than I was 24 hours ago. 18z GFS and NAM look epic, hope it holds at 00z.

I don't know...Boston and suburbs are flirting with mixing. I'll be surprised to see Boston over A foot.

It could tick E 25 or 30 miles....but its not going to matter for 90% of the region...its a blizzard one way or the other. The Cape and extreme SE MA/SE RI could benefit with more snow if it goes slightly SE.

We don't want that.... haha, tick west baby, tick west.

I'm down near ALB for this one and the recent model guidance has me a lot more excited than I was 24 hours ago. 18z GFS and NAM look epic, hope it holds at 00z.

Every storm ALB seems to get a monster band and get like 5-8" more than forecasted.. its really a great place

Still not really great for eastern areas. Would dryslot anyone east of ORH. 500mb vort tracking right over the region is next perfect. Snow max definitely would be west.

:thumbsup: I really like ski_MRG's location for this one. NE upsloping flow into the eastern slopes, possible banding, I bet he gets walloped.

Unfortunately I am not seeing anything trend to the east to spare the Outer Cape any changeover problems. We are seeing rain regardless now, which stinks, this goes from a Cape Cod, MA heavy hitter to a storm not expected to give us more than an inch of snow now. Wow. This can get better.

You'll still see a little snow and nasty wind. At least you just had a 13 inch storm too. Thats more than a lot of us will get in this one.

Every storm ALB seems to get a monster band and get like 5-8" more than forecasted.. its really a great place

I'm liking the colder temps, snow growth, and good ratios we should see out west here near ALB. Even though QPF won't be as much, I think we could still pull some good totals if the recent model data is close to correct.

I grew up here and there are a lot of times that we get into a really nice deformation band of high-ratio snowfall that allows us to keep up with areas further east that are getting more QPF.

not as of late lol the last real good storm here was valentines day 07 and the best banding ended up to our northwest. really hoping we can get in on the action tomorrow we may be slightly too far west especially if this ticks east at 00z

Archived