Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad, but bring the R/S line all the way inland to BOS-PVD.

Matt I agree with your analysis of the flat panels. At face value and if this is what it is the rain/mix/crap line gets a lot further NW/W than people seem to think as does the dry slot from hell. But then there is the RGEM.

What I find odd is right now even the Euro had issues right up to Boston so the blizzard warning for me is puzzling unless they really believe the front end thump is horrific or really just are going out on their own and doing what we always say they should do and FORECASTING.

face value the dry slot will be an issue, it almost always pisses us off when it matters in SNE. And it is pre-NY, the water is still warm and this storm is going west of the RI/CT border. Those are all things that are usually bad news....so who knows.

RUC - Kev's favorite model is faster and faster with each run and that's been picked up by the models,most of them each run.

I'd guess over 20" with good ratios. Just texted Mike ... he's happy with things.

LOL, sure. I'll keep my expectations in line with Box's forecast which gives me 15-16" currently. If a good band sets up along the East side of the crest as has happened many times before I could see pushing past that easily. The former Berkshire Snow Bowl ski area is just a minute up the road and I think I may head there around 5:30am Monday for the first set of turns then duck over to Berkshire East and ride the lifts. Powder day on tap.

This is a concern too.

ONE MAJOR CONCERN IS THAT WITH THE

EXPLOSIVE DEEPENING OF THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM TO OUR SOUTH...THE

AGEOSTROPHIC WIND COMPONENT MAY CAUSE THE WIND TO BLOW MORE

NORTHERLY THAN NORTHEASTERLY WHICH COULD SPREAD COLD AIR FARTHER

TO THE SOUTH.

That would just be terrible

The correction back SE is evident on gfs and rgem.

I didn't compare the RGEM, but the 18z GFS doesn't look very different to me from the 12z with the mid level low centers. At 36hr on the 18z the H5 closes off actually a little further north of the 12z 42hr frame. The 0C 850 nose makes it a little further west to me on 18z as well getting near TAN. You're safe though for a pounding. Enjoy the blizz. :santa:

This is a concern too.

ONE MAJOR CONCERN IS THAT WITH THE

EXPLOSIVE DEEPENING OF THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM TO OUR SOUTH...THE

AGEOSTROPHIC WIND COMPONENT MAY CAUSE THE WIND TO BLOW MORE

NORTHERLY THAN NORTHEASTERLY WHICH COULD SPREAD COLD AIR FARTHER

TO THE SOUTH.

A typhoon tip walt drag special. Walt seems to nail those down pretty well.

Long as that NAM was a ghost I think you guys are okay, just wait and see. I need a move east to save me but I'm not sure I want it...would rather have it up north!

If we can get 3-6" here first that would be a piss poor blizzard, but I'd be happy

Yikes!! doesn't get any better than this!

THUNDERSTORMS WITH HEAVY SNOW

MAY ALSO OCCUR SUNDAY NIGHT WHICH COULD PRODUCE LOCALIZED RATES OF

3 TO 4 INCHES PER HOUR IN SOME AREAS. THE SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AND

WET WITH TEMPERATURES IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S IN THE

BLIZZARD WARNING AREA. THOSE WITH HEART CONDITIONS SHOULD NOT

ATTEMPT TO SHOVEL IT.

A typhoon tip walt drag special. Walt seems to nail those down pretty well.

Long as that NAM was a ghost I think you guys are okay, just wait and see. I need a move east to save me but I'm not sure I want it...would rather have it up north!

If we can get 3-6" here first that would be a piss poor blizzard, but I'd be happy

Dec '03 comes to mind a little. Low tracked close to the coasy, but just ask bob what ageo flow did in Middleboro.

Dec '03 comes to mind a little. Low tracked close to the coasy, but just ask bob what ageo flow did in Middleboro.

Oh I remember, it snowed in my front yard rained in my backyard.

Well, it's about time to dump the models and start to look to our south/ua/ruc/w/v etc...

When was the last time BUOY's mattered? LOL been ages right Scott? Will be fun!

Oh I remember, it snowed in my front yard rained in my backyard.

Well, it's about time to dump the models and start to look to our south/ua/ruc/w/v etc...

When was the last time BUOY's mattered? LOL been ages right Scott? Will be fun!

IMBY, dryslot and ptype concerns me, but it's more the dryslot for me. That may not mean crap if that mesoscale stuff verifies nearby.

Unfortunately, I'll be stuck in Andover for work. Probably gonna stay over tomorrow night for 6am shift Monday.

Archived