Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not really great for eastern areas. Would dryslot anyone east of ORH. 500mb vort tracking right over the region is next perfect. Snow max definitely would be west.

Face value a couple of inches on the cape up into SE MA. Dry slot issues by 30/33 hours and that is eventually over all of EMA east of worcester and maybe back as far as about Kev. It warms too, mixing still makes it way back.

By 33/36 it's mixed/raining in extreme SE CT, the SE 1/2 of RI up to Boston based on 1000-850mb clown graphics.

Face value a couple of inches on the cape up into SE MA. Dry slot issues by 30/33 hours and that is eventually over all of EMA east of worcester and maybe back as far as about Kev. It warms too, mixing still makes it way back.

By 33/36 it's mixed/raining in extreme SE CT, the SE 1/2 of RI up to Boston based on 1000-850mb clown graphics.

I' not so sure BOS is all that warm. Heavy heavy ageo flow.

I know.....he has a "rain in Boston" fetish......I always find it funny watching people's perspectives because they tend to project concerns and dissapointments of their own onto others......I can usually guess roughly where folks like because they give it away.

Folks in NNE focus on how sharp the cut off is and Messenger how the dry slot and mixing will make it to Montreal.

Yeah face value, thats why I said clown maps.

I really believe we're going to see it close off more to the ENE or NE next run and in reality. That should pinch off the warm air even more. Frankly though it's kind of amazing that the RGEM is that far east, americans that far west.

In the post mortem if these three blew it GFS/NAM/EC I wonder if they will tie it back to the data "problem"....LOL

For now. The max lifted to the NNE again but less this time. It cut the QPF in southern Jersey from 1.50" to .75" this run and that encompasses all precip. It may be done moving NE, we will know soon. I need another 30 miles to shut off the warm air.

I think the idea though of 2 maxes is really becoming likely, one somewhere in western areas and then one in NE MA...in fact those two areas of maxes matches my map quite well of where I have the maxes set up lol. Although my totals would probably be on the lower side given the QPF on these runs. Before I make any updates though I want to see the 0z runs come in this wet.

I think the idea though of 2 maxes is really becoming likely, one somewhere in western areas and then one in NE MA...in fact those two areas of maxes matches my map quite well of where I have the maxes set up lol. Although my totals would probably be on the lower side given the QPF on these runs. Before I make any updates though I want to see the 0z runs come in this wet.

Yep with the lows that far west someone out there is going to get nailed and it might be the real jackpot in terms of QPF as we have issues east.

The NOGAPS manages to come west yet thread the needle and through a combination of eastward then NE movement and dryslots fails to really "nail" anyone. Nice hit but funny at 18z

Archived