• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

Sorry for your loss Jerry. I hope your wife travels go ok with this.

Don't get hurt shoveling this one

Thanks Dave. Kind of bittersweet and I'll likely miss the funeral but will show up as soon as things open up to pay respects. Doing the right thing and experiencing the storm.....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOX going with a blend. Brings taint to Hingham and that's it.

Actually, the signal for less taint is pretty strong with excellent wind profiles in the lower levels and occlusion as the storm gets close pinching off the warming. So those that are worried about lack of HP...completely and respectfully disagree...couldn't be more perfect. As long as BOS and other east coastal areas stays at or left of 040 we're golden and that's going to happen. And even if taint occurs, NAM dumps 1.31 as snow ahead of questionable and about 0.5 behind. So frankly...I'm always nervous but I expect to be digging out of lots of snow. I have a flight to ORD Monday morning that is likely to be canceled. I just dropped off my wife and daughter for their flights. The last thing my wife said as she kissed me good bye....."enjoy the storm!". Marry the right partner folks.

i hope you're right fella, coolidge corner will look nice under 20+ monday night... the 0z models will tell all...

My point-click....do I live in the Sierra Nevada all of a sudden! This is great!

Sunday: Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 32. North wind between 6 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 28. Windy, with a north wind between 23 and 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.

Monday: Snow, mainly before 3pm. High near 31. Windy, with a north wind between 24 and 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Occludes off the NJ coast.....cold air wins....this is GFS...:thumbsup:

I think the GFS will continue to shuffle NE each run and it will occlude in time. I think you get bombed. That's my forecast. I think Bob, bombed. I think interior SE MA bombed, I think NW of the canal relatively speaking bombed. I think Box has it outlined well, but I think maybe it will shift ESE in time.

GFS opens up the low and hammers eastern areas with cf crashing back to the coast around 12Z Monday. We could get unbelievable totals.

Still not really great for eastern areas. Would dryslot anyone east of ORH. 500mb vort tracking right over the region is next perfect. Snow max definitely would be west.

GFS opens up the low and hammers eastern areas with cf crashing back to the coast around 12Z Monday. We could get unbelievable totals.

Absolutely. The RGEM being east gives me confidence. The NAM had me worried.

The trend shoudl continue, there may well be a huge max way west too. Anyway who knows, will be a nowcast time.

Someone in and around NYC or NJ, maybe SE NY/western CT is going to get crushed.

Archived