• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

No Sweat cweat. I'm completely confident MBY is going to see a mix... pingers or rain? Don't care really and possibly could be jackpotted The nowcast overnight tomorow is going to be fun watching unfold. Saving grace will be duration will be shortlived!

I know will be a blast tonight!

It's just frustrating you know? I feel bad for NOAA/BOX etc. I have to say and will probably eat this have to discount the 18z NAM entirely. Ride the RGEM with a shift west a little.

And I might add based on the maps that is what BOX did.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Brockton Ma. Little worried about the rain/snow line. But will the storm be strong enough to pull down cold air to save me? Or will the high to the north help me and send some cold air?

Brockton usually does quite well in these setups...I go to school at Stonehill and being in interior SEMA allows you to get in on the OES enhancement, while remaining removed from the warming influence of the ocean...If this stays a little SE of where the NAM shows, you could jackpot.

BOX going with a blend. Brings taint to Hingham and that's it.

Actually, the signal for less taint is pretty strong with excellent wind profiles in the lower levels and occlusion as the storm gets close pinching off the warming. So those that are worried about lack of HP...completely and respectfully disagree...couldn't be more perfect. As long as BOS and other east coastal areas stays at or left of 040 we're golden and that's going to happen. And even if taint occurs, NAM dumps 1.31 as snow ahead of questionable and about 0.5 behind. So frankly...I'm always nervous but I expect to be digging out of lots of snow. I have a flight to ORD Monday morning that is likely to be canceled. I just dropped off my wife and daughter for their flights. The last thing my wife said as she kissed me good bye....."enjoy the storm!". Marry the right partner folks.

Updated point forecast for Keene:

Sunday: A chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Calm wind becoming north between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Sunday Night: Snow. Low around 18. Blustery, with a north wind between 15 and 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Monday: Snow, mainly before 2pm. High near 25. Wind chill values as low as zero. Blustery, with a north wind between 21 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 0. Northwest wind between 13 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Updated point forecast for Keene:

Sunday: A chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Calm wind becoming north between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Sunday Night: Snow. Low around 18. Blustery, with a north wind between 15 and 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Monday: Snow, mainly before 2pm. High near 25. Wind chill values as low as zero. Blustery, with a north wind between 21 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 0. Northwest wind between 13 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Probably figure another what, 6" for Monday? Maybe more?

This 18z run of the NAM should not be considered any other way then a massive impact winter storm for the region. That BL problem at BOS of +2C in the lowest level is to be expected with the wind trajectory of 40 degrees at this time of year, but that does not mean there is actually rain failing in that temperature profile; considering that it is well below freezing at all other levels and there will be deep UVM and fall rates taking place, dynamics would ensure that is big aggregates accumulating..

I'd be worried about power outages, too

Out by I-95 you got a bona fide blizzard raging with much higher ratios easily lifted in gusts, and added in with heavy falls to lower vis to near 0 for a number of intervals spanning enough hours to easily verify the blizz.

This 18z run of the NAM should not be considered any other way then a massive impact winter storm for the region. That BL problem at BOS of +2C in the lowest level is to be expected with the wind trajectory of 40 degrees at this time of years, but that does not mean there is actually rain failing in that temperature profile; considering that it is well below freezing at all other levels and there will be deep UVM and fall rates taking place, dynamics would ensure that is big aggregate accumulating..

I'd be worried about power outages, too

Out by I-95 you got a bona fide blizzard raging with much high ratios easily lifted and added in with heavy falls to lower vis to near 0 for a number of intervals spanning enough hours to easily verify the blizz.

John, I was kind of puzzled because that FOUS product actually had the wind vector 020 with that BL. Does not compute to me.

Brockton usually does quite well in these setups...I go to school at Stonehill and being in interior SEMA allows you to get in on the OES enhancement, while remaining removed from the warming influence of the ocean...If this stays a little SE of where the NAM shows, you could jackpot.

Ya i know. I'm think I could be sitting pretty if I can stay all snow.

Archived